DAD! a roblox comic

HOLY HECK SO MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE THIS COMIC!

18 Likes

Hahaha, awesome work. I suggest in the future, disable the XYZ cube in the top right corner.

Lol love the comic!

I agree with @Minideliciouspant3, try to disable the XYZ cube next time.

how do i turn off the xyz cube?

In the view tab, you should see a button to toggle it on and off.

2 Likes

nice i just turned it off.

TIME FOR SOME IMMERSION

I find it odd how the father (Builderman) refers to his son as “Son” but the son simply calls his father “Builderman” and not “Dad”. The title of the comic is, to my knowledge, called “DAD!” and not “BUILDERMAN!”. It seems to me that the crux of the story was forgone in order to accelerate the plot to make way for the punchline (the already done-before “Are ya winning son?”, no less). The method in which the text was overlayed near the characters while they speak was an odd but I assume necessary choice (as you had no access to external photo-editing software, such as Photoshop). The way the letters cast shadows on themselves and other words seems to be wholly detrimental to understanding the dialogue of which they make up. This can be remedied by turning off the “CastShadow” property in the part settings in Studio. The camera placement seems off-put in places, with the two-shot scenes in the driveway being too far out to make out the dialogue text easily. As the comic reaches its conclusion and the father barges into the room, I can’t help but feel that a lie has been perpetrated. Is the father really the biological father of the son? The son’s skin tone is yellow, but Builderman is of a grey complexion. I feel that the logical aspect of much this comic was, like the title, put aside in order to complete and deliver the punchline.

5 Likes

This is pretty epic but you should really fix grammatical errors. For example, where it says “ARE YA PROCASTINATING SON?” the word “procastinating” should be spelled and “procrastinating”. Other than this I love it.

1 Like

I love the comic but I agree with @Ryukaei, fix the grammar errors such as the capitalising the “I” and adding some periods at the end of some sentences. Anyway, nice work!

wow seems like people are really enjoying this! the main things ive been seeing people critisize me about. are the xyz thing in the top right corner. and the grammar error. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS!

1 Like

This is something very refreshing to the site. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I like it, very funny. You make my day with these.

1 Like

Keep making these! I really like reading them every day!

thank you all so much for the support on these comics! im glad you guys love these things.

1 Like

I like it, I entertained keep up that amazing work! :smile:

1 Like

This was really fun, and I loved the use of the 3D text instead of adding text over the screenshots!

1 Like