DataAnalyzr V0.1 - Visualize your game's data

Introduction

Hello! I’m Bobogijoe, a game developer & data nerd. I’ve been on ROBLOX since early 2010 and have been testing out and releasing games throughout those years.

As most of you already know, ROBLOX generates a CSV dataset for your game’s revenue every month that you can access from your game’s Developer Stats. Every beginning of the month, I would import that large dataset into a blank Excel file and manually create useful graphs for me to be able to analyze my game’s revenue health as well as knowing different trends and areas I should focus on. Doing all of that manually quickly became time-consuming.

The couple graphs that ROBLOX generates for developers on the Developer Stats page and their XLSX download are useful, but I would’ve wanted to see more graphs like Revenue/Device, Revenue&Sales/Item/Device, etc.

That is why I created my own Excel form that generates multiple charts and graphs with just the click of a button. I call it DataAnalyzr.

DataAnalyzr V0.1

Basic Concept

DataAnalyzr is a Microsoft Excel form that I have created to help other developers out in terms of data handling. A CSV dataset isn’t easy to understand without the help of charts and graphs which can be a pain to create. That is why DataAnalyzr will generate them for you!

With just the click of a button you’ll be able to examine your game’s:

• Revenue per item by device
  • Revenue & sales per item
  • Revenue by device
  • Sales by device
  • Total revenue per day & monthly trend

DataAnalyzr is a Macro-Enabled Excel file coded with VBA that requires no program installation if you already have Microsoft Excel or the online version on your computer.

Download

DataAnalyzr.zip (55.5 KB)

How to use

There are instructions on how to use DataAnalyzr inside the file. Here are some guidelines on how to set it up:

1. Download the zip file above and open DataAnalyzr - V0.1.xlsm to get started.

2. Once the file is open, you’ll have to click on the Enable Editing button at the top of your screen:
    EnableEditing

3. Since the form requires macros to work, you will then have to click on the Enable Content button at the top of your screen:
    EnableContent

4. Follow the instructions in the form.

Note

This is an early version of DataAnalyzr, please let me know if there are any bugs or features you’d like to see in the next versions. There are currently 5 graphs that the form generates, you can request other graphs to be added by messaging me here, Roblox or on Twitter (@Bobogijoe).

7 Likes

Hello! I always searched for something like this and i love it! I have only one problem, which is when I try to remove sheet protection to edit it ask for a password.
Could I possibly have it?

1 Like