Decal Asset not uploading / transparency not showing in PNGs?

For some reason I can’t upload this image it gives me an error.

Image:

Error:

Sorry for lack of contrast the dark theme doesn’t support it, but I know the theme is not the problem.

Anyways I uploaded the “O” no problem (it’s in a separate image) but yea any ideas on how to fix this or anything?

No problems opening the image with other programs, I exported from Adobe Illustrator as an asset and Windows Images and all other programs can read & edit it fine.

I also tried importing the decal image via Studio but it didn’t work.

Update:
Any images I upload with transparency are showing up opaque now too. I uploaded a logo for my development group, and here is the output.

Input:

Output:

Not entirely sure what’s going on but hopefully this will get figured out quickly.

Thanks,
-big

1 Like

There was another thread posted about this 2 hours before this one. This could be a coincidence that two threads are posted this close to each other, but thought it might be worth pointing out.

It actually happened late last night but I posted it in the wrong section so I moved it here. But yea nonetheless still possible.

Yes this started for me yesterday night, glad im not the only one getting this

Please file an Engine Bugs thread if you see the opaque issue in-game too.

If it’s just on the web, please explain in a new Web Bugs thread why this is an issue for you if it’s just development decals.

I have moved the stuff about the decal not uploading into the existing thread. Closing this now since it’s two bug reports in one / duplicate of existing thread.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to upload image to Roblox