Deciding what I should do for my lobby's theme

So in a lobby I have made for an upcoming game of mine, I have this 1 minute Dead by Daylight theme playing:

It fits the game so well, but well, the soundtrack wasn’t made by myself, and I have no rights over it, also people will easily recognise it for the game itself… What do I do? Do I hire someone else to make another version inspired from this audio? If so, how much would a 1 minute single acoustic guitar instrumental that’s loopable, and well, inspired from the audio above, cost?

4 Likes

You could possibly try and find something that is not copyrighted. But your best option is to either make it yourself or pay someone. If go down the route of paying someone it could be pricey, but I’m not that educated on the pricing of that stuff.

2 Likes

TBF I don’t actually think it’s copyrighted, I’m pretty sure I’d be able to use it, and I think I’ll stick with it while the game’s in it’s testing phase, but right when I can I’ll hire someone. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did a song with soundtrack, but lucky i didn’t got warning strike, but some of the audio can be a coperight, and try your best for no copyright song for the game.

2 Likes

It’s just that somebody else has used it for a game that’s been around for years, so I don’t think it is… (I’m not into copyright stuff :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

It isn’t allowed but unless your game is on the front page/close to it Roblox doesn’t seem to moderate this type of stuff.

Not saying you should, just letting you know.

1 Like

I won’t anyway, uncultured little old me figured out the soundtrack features like 4 guitars, so I can’t use it LOL (In my game I have a figure playing an acoustic guitar animation, so logically there can only be one guitar in the soundtrack…)