Default Chat Bubbles - Glitching across screen

Seen it in one game, thought it only affected that game. Guess I was mistaken.

1 Like

I’ve experienced this with a few of my billboard GUIs, it seems to be related to a recent update, if you have your BGUis in a ScreenGui and have their Adornee set to a part, instead of having them parented to a part, that glitch would occur. Since this is probably a bad explanation, I’ve also gone ahead and attached a repro below.
bguiGlitchRepro.rbxl (16.7 KB)

3 Likes

I’ve noticed it in almost every game I have been in, including Jailbreak, Mt. Everest RP, TRC Church, etc. It is doing it in all sorts and different types of games.

1 Like

This seems to happen I my game only when I’m standing next to another BillboardGui.

1 Like

It happens with my BillboardGuis and they are parented to a folder in workspace, not PlayerGui.

1 Like

Seems like it happens aslong as they’re not parented to a BasePart, just a theory though.

1 Like

Having issues with this in Welcome to Bloxburg as well.

3 Likes

Well, it’s good to know it’s not something I’m doing wrong.

Yes this is a problem I am also experiencing.

Thanks for this. I just spent hours trying to figure out why my billboardGUIs were rendering twice. Hopefully we see a fix soon!

2 Likes

Still happening, seems to get worse the longer I’m in a game.

1 Like

I’ve experienced the same, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I’ve been experiencing this for about two weeks. It seems to happen to me when my character is close to a wall, for example.

1 Like

It is still indeed happening in games that use chat bubbles. Even almost a month after this thread was created.

2 Likes

This glitch really has affected the gameplay in Group Recruiting Plaza as it at first broke their spawning system, I believe, they eventually made a way around it though. It’s still hard for large servers to recruit though, because of the chat bubbles popping across their screens.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has been filed internally and engineering is working on the fix for it. We’ll update this thread when the fix is officially released.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: BillboardGui under a ScreenGui renders in 2D as well

Locked in favor of:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/billboard-guis-appearing-massive/106366