DefaultChatSystemChatEvents.SayMessageRequest does not fire player.Chatted

Hello,

So I am trying to make a system where if you press a hotkey it will automatically say something for you so that mobile players and especially younger audiences have the ability to tap a button to say something without typing. I know, I could use a variety of different ways, such as playing a sound, using billboardguis, but I want them to chat specifically.
Basically, here is my script.

game.Players.LocalPlayer:GetMouse().KeyDown:Connect(function(k)
	if k:lower()=="e" then
		print('yes')
		game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").DefaultChatSystemChatEvents.SayMessageRequest:FireServer("I am awesome","All")
	end
end)

There seems to be nothing wrong with it until I use a .Chatted event detector script and it shows that it does not detect automatic chats. This can also be detrimental for things when you want to make a custom filter script, as exploiters can easily bypass them using this remote event.

My enquiry is I need a working solution to this. That’s all.

- Best regards, iSyriux

1 Like

Hello,

Apologies for the abysmal quality of the video, here is a retake

- Best regards, iSyriux

1 Like

bump looking for this too cant find the solution anywhere

1 Like

Sorry for replying after so long. I recently came across this feature and started to learn about it. My solution: why don’t you just add a script to detect when this RemoteEvent gets fired? It seems to work fine for me with both normal messages and messages sent via script.
WnI0c8YD22

Your script may look like this:

game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage"):WaitForChild("DefaultChatSystemChatEvents").SayMessageRequest.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, message, recipient)
	print("[" .. player.Name .. "]: " .. message)
end)
1 Like

You could use game.Players:Chat() but it cannot be used in scripts due to security context.

I found a way to fire Player.Chatted, Here is the script:

local function chat(text)
	local StarterGui = game:GetService('StarterGui')
	local A = false
	local ChatBar = game:GetService('Players').LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('PlayerGui'):WaitForChild('Chat'):WaitForChild('Frame'):WaitForChild('ChatBarParentFrame'):WaitForChild('Frame'):WaitForChild('BoxFrame'):WaitForChild('Frame'):FindFirstChildOfClass('TextBox')
	A = StarterGui:GetCore('ChatActive')
	StarterGui:SetCore('ChatActive', true)
	ChatBar:CaptureFocus()
	ChatBar.Text = text
    ChatBar.TextEditable = false
	task.wait()
	ChatBar:ReleaseFocus(true)
    ChatBar.TextEditable = true
	task.wait()
	StarterGui:SetCore('ChatActive', A)
end
game.Players.LocalPlayer:GetMouse().KeyDown:Connect(function(k)
	if k:lower()=="e" then
		print('yes')
		chat("I am awesome")
	end
end)
1 Like