Version 0.1.0 ALPHA
This update includes the addition of 2 features alongside a few other changes and fixes.
- Added gamemodes
- Added difficulty select
- Added advertisements to lobby corkboards
- Added spawn cooldowns to strong enemies
- Readded Basic Bullets option
- Fixed players blocking bullets
- Fixed enemy bullets occasionally not despawning(?)
- Fixed Helicopter not firing
- Updated load screen sprite
- EXP will now save onto the server until the game ends
- Stronger enemies will now only start to spawn in later waves
- @BriggeyBruh, woopercooper - Assets/Textures
- @BriggeyBruh, @doobywad, @FuzzyDimonds, @Radalkcor, @matteo19919 - New Ads
Gamemodes and difficulty select are now apart of the game! This update comes with 4 gamemodes and 3 difficulties to choose from. More gamemodes are planned to be added in the future though there likely won’t be another difficulty level added.
Default gamemode and includes what the game has always been. Will always appear on the vote screen.
Adds a server life counter with the amount depending on the current amount of players alongside the selected difficulty. When a player dies they will be able to respawn back onto the train shortly after dying at the cost of removing a life from the server’s life counter. When all lives are depleted dead players will no longer be able to respawn until the game has ended.
Players will only be able to play until they die. Once a player dies they will not be able to respawn until the game has ended.
The game is changed to replicate the original Defend The Train.
- Extra Sector & Missile Launcher upgrades removed.
- Track rotation only includes originals (Forest, Racetrack, Desert, Ghost Town, River).
- Train upgrade drastically increased to match original prices.
- Roblox avatars are used instead of custom avatars. (This may not stay!)
- Special Waves are removed.
- Enemy spawn rate decreased, takes longer for enemies to spawn faster.
- Stronger enemies (currently only includes Helicopter & Toy Tank) will only start spawning on Wave 10.
- Stronger enemies have a spawn cooldown.
- Enemy damage remains the same as it was in previous updates.
This is the default difficulty and is what the previous versions went by. Since this is the case this section will go over new changes.
- Stronger enemies will now only spawn past Wave 5.
- Stronger enemies now have a spawn cooldown.
- Enemy damage slightly increased.
- Stronger enemies can spawn at any wave.
- Stronger enemies have no spawn cooldown.
- Enemy damage increased
- Enemy spawn rate increased
- Train upgrade prices slightly increased.
Please note that the difficulties may not make too much of a difference when playing for a while. We’re hoping to hear feedback from people on how the game difficulties can make more of an impact. If you do have any suggestions, keep in mind Normal is the base difficulty.
ALSO A DISCLAIMER THAT TEMPORARILY HIGHSCORES WILL ONLY BE TRACKED WHEN PLAYING ON STANDARD > NORMAL. WE PLAN ON REDOING THE STATISTICS UI IN THE FUTURE WHICH WILL LET US ADD SUPPORT FOR TRACKING HIGHSCORES FOR INDIVIDUAL GAMEMODES & DIFFICULTIES.
This update takes off Gamemodes & Difficulty select off of our list for things to do before BETA. We’re hoping to have a smaller update out on the weekend including a few other features & changes that go towards finishing the ALPHA state. What’s planned for next update includes the following:
- Redo crosshairs to not just change the texture of the Mouse cursor and instead replace it with something that can scale based on the current weapon’s accuracy.
- Add option for custom crosshair
This coming next update is unlikely and may be pushed back to a future update.
- During intermission display a bar of spawnable enemies for the track colour coded based off what class is most suitable.