Deprecate + Hide PlayerGui:GetTopbarTransparency

As a Roblox developer, having a function and the event of GetTopbarTransparency() on the Roblox Engine is completely useless and isn’t helpful when working with the PlayerGui of a player(s).

A ton of events and CoreGui functions for the TopBar isn’t helpful nor good in the scripting general-field for developers to configure and mess around with, and it doesn’t even work when using it with a PlayerGui function, should be marked and declared deprecated.

If Roblox is able to address this request, it would allow developers to not use these preferred functions and events in the present and future so it wouldn’t be used mistakenly for the TopBar when scripting with the CoreGui / PlayerGui.

7 Likes

If the announcement on the new topbar is to be believed, this function is already deprecated but the appropriate tags haven’t been added on the API yet. It was considered deprecated once the topbar was no longer a grey strip.

I meant to do this but forgot, will update these to deprecated soon.

5 Likes

Sorry for bump but I have questions:

I don’t like having this “TOP BAR” so if changing the transparency isn’t ok anymore what do I do?
I do not like roblox core anything to be honest and rather rewrite everything myself and have it functioning the way I intended without the use of premade stuff that messes with gameplay and vibes.

Why was this even made deprecated when there is clearly a transparent top bar? When I looked at other posts there are people saying it’s been removed?

“Topbar” refers to a transparant, dark grey strip that used to occupy the top of the screen (You can find images of this online). This is no longer present in modern versions of Roblox, hence the deprecation of the function. You can disable the chat button and the three dots by using game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All,false); however, the Roblox button on the far left cannot be disabled.

I don’t need to find images of this as I’ve been around. The problem is it really doesn’t look like they removed it, just made it invisible, kind of a pointless deprecation as we shouldn’t be limited to that ugly thing that gets in ui’s way. We should be at least able to set the transparency or get rid of it and make our own.

But there’s no topbar? If you are annoyed by the gap at the top, use IgnoreGuiInset.

1 Like

Wasn’t aware of this setting thank you.

Your question can be posted in #help-and-feedback:scripting-support