Deprecation of GamePassService:PlayerHasPass() Request

Honestly, this was something that was constantly messing me up. As i often find myself going back to the wiki for stuff I don’t use that much, and checking for gamepasses is one of those things.

With the new Gamepass system that was implemented it actually had me and @RBLX_Dan confused a bit. I had looked up GamePassService and used the GamePassService:PlayerHasPass() instead of the new MarketPlaceSystem, all this would return for @RBLX_Dan and I in code would be false and before that we were getting that the GamepassId was of a asset and not of a gamepass using the same system. Which really confused both @RBLX_Dan and I.

A notice at the top of the wiki page saying this item is “Depracated and should not be used for new works” would make it a lot more easier for me, but for others who get into this in the future.

I’m not saying to completely drop support and end up breaking older games with gamepasses, but when you run into an issue like @RBLX_Dan and I did here where we would only get returned a value of false in the console and nothing more a deprecated notice would be nice to have that way newer devs don’t run into the same issue.

6 Likes

Moving to Engine Features as you’re asking for the method to be deprecated, not just a message on the Developer Hub.

1 Like

@Maximum_ADHD might be able to push this.

1 Like