Developer Exchange Program Requirements Changes

From where did you get THAT thought? Roblox is operating a net loss

pm me if you want to continue this further

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion time.
I personally do not see the requirement for an increase in devex rate. If your game makes about 300K revenue a month, that is equivalent to about minimum wage in U.S. Heck, even only getting 100K revenue a month is a good of side money that can go towards bills and such. I’m sure most devs who earn that much haven’t graduated college yet. If you have games that are well monetized and with a few hundred players, you can easily make this amount.
Yes, I’m well aware how difficult it is while initially starting out, but I’m sure Roblox has also considered the GIANT games with 100K+ concurrent players who make insane money every month.

3 Likes

So in other words, you have no first party source, so you don’t know if it’s true. Asimo does not work for Roblox. Please don’t state things as facts when they are not.

4 Likes

Sounds Like A Great Idea To Me! I think when “People Make Games” said how Roblox was exploiting children, Roblox wanted to make it a little bit easier for younger developers to earn off this platform.

4 Likes

This is honestly an amazing change, especially since I rely on commissions for my income. Earning 100k+ Robux just from commissions seemed a little bit daunting, but with the reduction, I can complete my first DevEx which is very motivating.

3 Likes

I really want to hold my opinion on this but your statement made me a bit furious. How ignorant do you have to be to say that you don’t think anyone needs $87. In some less developed countries, it is still a fact that $87 is worth a monthly salary, or at least it’s worth half a month. Every cent matters.

Also @NKM9 call me a hypocrite but don’t minimod.

2 Likes

Now you just need to increase our profit margins to something higher than 22%.

Can’t wait for my DevEx requests to take 2 weeks because so many more people are going to be applying.

4 Likes

What does that mean? I’m confused. So you don’t have to wait a month to cash out again if you have premium and you have above 50k robux or what did that mean.

2 Likes

Will this increase the wait time for cashing out?

3 Likes

Excellent step in the right direction! Now, increasing the DevEx rates, that, will be unfathomably amazing.

(Please, we have asked for this for ages)

3 Likes

I am Latin American and even lived in Venezuela all my life until the last three years.

I’m sorry if my statement sounded a bit too harsh, I do think $175 is a good income and $87 is something (although I would still rather reinvest the Robux than exchange them).

I was only considering those who live in more developed countries, where as far as I know most Roblox developers come from.

2 Likes

I wonder what report caused Roblox to do this…

But anyways, good update! I see the DevEx programme going in an upwards trajectary. Having it lowered to 50k (or about ₽12687) would make more people going into Roblox development.

2 Likes

This is an excellent change, I’ve been waiting for some change to the DevEx program for a while now, and here it is! Is the cooldown period for cashing out still the same?

2 Likes

This is great, I finally have a chance of getting some cash!

3 Likes

Why did people want it so you didn’t have to have premium. I mean, before this update you would of gotten around 300 USD. Was five dollars that big a deal?

3 Likes

I remember seeing a table with all the Counties, available payment methods, and fees, on devex portal, can’t find that now, could someone link it to me please?

2 Likes

When i had Premium I cashed out so it was pending for few days and on the day my Premium ended it cancelled the cash out

2 Likes

I believe the rule about cashing out only once per calendar month still exists for all users. This change indicates that Premium memberships are no longer part of the DevEx requirements, therefore if you earn 50k Robux from your creations and meet all the remaining requirements such as having an email linked to your account and being 13 or older, you will now be able to cash out without having to buy Premium.

This unfortunately means the number of Premium benefits has been reduced, and while this is a great change for less popular developers, I fear that a majority of users are going to cancel their memberships, as the number of features available to free accounts has been rising over the years, and not as much for Premium features.

4 Likes

Great, but a rate increase needs to be soon. $350 in 2017 (when the last time rates increased) is now $400 today due to inflation, but the rate is still $350.

6 Likes

What’s the point of lowering the requirements if the rates aren’t going to be changed anyways?

2 Likes