DevHelp - Free expert help from top developers

Was under the impression from the other guy’s comment that you were still charging $, since it is actually free now I guess there’s no harm done

1 Like

A suggestion, when you advertise that you have top developers on your server, listing their names would be much more believable and appealing to people reading your post.

2 Likes

I actually did list, right now it’s only me, but if you want to join, let me know!

I see. Unfortunately, I’m a little busy with designing and scripting a few personal projects of mine, or I’d definitely check your server out!

1 Like

I under stand what you mean here, but would it be the same on your discord? Developers are not just busy and can’t use Dev Forum, they can be busy and can’t use discord. I understand what you mean, and not trying to be mean, I am just giving constructive criticism.

But I also have a idea! I may do this myself at some point, but just incase I don’t her is the idea:

Make a website, I know very hard (it’s not that hard, if you need help look it up or even ask me). On this website, you can make a way to submit a question, then you can have a some developers go though every question and give a answer, but then what if someone else has the same problem? This is why the answer would become almost like a blog post, posting the problem, how to fix it, and making a way to ask more questions about that topic.

That may sound confusing, but let me give me a example:

Lets say our website is RobloxDeveloperQuestion.com (not a real website).

First: Lets say that Bob goes to the website and asks a question about how to print in a script, after they submit it, they leave and will come back later.

Next: A Developer that is going though all of the questions run on to Bobs question, after looking and it, he will check if there is a answer to this question is already on the website, if there is, they will send the link to the already answer question, so when bob comes back to the website, he will be able get his answer. If the question is not already on the website, then they will fill out a quick page (like a blog) with a title, and the answer. Here is what that would look like:

How to print in a script
Printing is very simple, first you go into the script you want to print in, next, on the line you want to print on type:

Print("Text here")

Where it says “Text here”, you can add your own text.
Question by Bob, Answer by (Dev name)

Below this there will be 2 things, a way to comment, and a way to ask a question about, in this case, printing.

After this answer is made, it will be sent to bob.

Asking a question about a answer: Now that the answer is made, lets say Tim needs to know how to print, and he found the Answer, and he does what it says, and he tries to do this:

Print(""I am good at coding," Tim says.")

But, it errors? so he goes back to the Answer and asks a question about a answer, this question is sent to the same developer that answered it, he updates the answer, and sends it to Tim, here is the new answer:

How to print in a script
Printing is very simple, first you go into the script you want to print in, next, on the line you want to print on type:

Print("Text here")

Where it says “Text here”, you can add your own text.
If you want to put double quotes inside of the Print, do the following:

Print('Text here')

Question by Bob, Answer by (Dev name)

There is way more you would need to do to this website, like adding captures (for bots), and making the website look good, and adding a way to find the answers (like searching).

Now, I know it sounds, and is hard. But would be AWESOME for developers and who ever makes it, why you may ask, well, to put simply, ADS.

If you have people going around your website finding many answers, and put ads on the pages, it will make you more than enough to pay the developers, pay for the servers, pay for the domain (one time a year), and anything else. All you need to do it put some hard work and make something that is amazing.

Anyone can use this idea, it sounds like a fun, and well worth project to me, but if you don’t, it is fine, it only took me able 25 mins to write this out, My time is well worth it! :slight_smile:

I hope this helped someone, Have a great and blessed day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s actually a pretty good idea, would definitely do this if I wasn’t so bad at backend web development.

2 Likes

Cool idea, kinda like other websites that exist tho, quora, sounds like devforum

1 Like

It is like DevForum, but here is the thing:

Why would there need to be an alternative? The devforum works perfectly fine, and personally I get at least 85% of my questions solved.

2 Likes

I think their referring to this.

Theirs millions of developers on Roblox, and theirs an API Site to, I don’t think only one developer who has been developing on Roblox for 3 years is the only way to get a good answer.

You can’t just keep dismissing people’s points and criticism, you should take them into consideration instead of trying to get people who are making constructive criticism to just go away out of your own neglection.

Didn’t see someone making Roblox chegg coming anytime soon

This all just seems really odd & shady. :grimacing:

Nothing is sus. He’s also the developer for the RoSound plugin, a really big plugin that survived the Roblox audio update.

Another wannabe helper.
First of all, there’s barely any staffs, and I doubt that they’ll help with complex functions and scripts that might take an hour for entirely free.

1 Like

Just because the OP created a successful plugin, doesn’t mean he is trusted.

As other people state, unknown devs on there and using dev-forum is better.

What’s this supposed to say?
Even if he made that, it can still be shady.

Now for this “helping server”, it seems extremely useless since there are TONS of other servers with a lot of people there to help you. Examples are:

RoDisc (#development-help)
HiddenDevelopers (#code-help)
RoDevs (#novice-scripting)

I am positive you’d get answers more quickly and efficiently from these servers.

And to help out people there, you just respond to other people’s questions. That’s literally how you become a helper in any of the servers listed above.

You can easily go to the channels in these servers and ask for help, even asking people to direct message you and help you privately with your issues.

1 Like

There are much better resources already existing, which have actually known Developers from our Community.

Anytime you see a post like this, suggesting they have “Top Developers”, automatically assume it’s a lie until you see actually valid evidence.

If you’re looking for an actual good Communities to help you, check out HiddenDevs, Roblox Studio Community, & Roblox OSS Community.