Disable Badge/Player Points notifications

[

The above feature request was created on the Roblox Gameplay Feature Requests post and Tarabyte urged Juriaan to create a separate thread for the request. I can’t see that that was ever done, so I’m creating one now.

Please allow developers to disable Badge and Player Points notifications. We know better how they should look and where they should appear.

4 Likes

This would be really helpful.

inb4 someone says the top bar should go as well

I don’t think anyone would even mention that bar, they’re not related

I’d like if this had a toggle, with the default having the notification pop up on the right like now. They removed the “ta-da” sound from badge awardings so we could make our own, so this is a great add-on to that

Kind of like how TeleportService has a toggle for a custom teleport UI.

Why you do this

Why does it need to be in confidential tags? It’s obvious that that’s what’s been added in when a feature request is edited by a staff member.

[quote] Why you do this

Why does it need to be in confidential tags? It’s obvious that that’s what’s been added in when a feature request is edited by a staff member. [/quote]

Agreed. Just because the OP created the thread doesn’t mean that this feature is only relevant to them. Updates on implementation status should be available to anyone who can read the thread.

@Echo: This is probably also a reason to actually post on the thread:

This thread is real real old, but it is still a desirable change and has yet to be implemented. Please, roblox staff, consider and prioritize this request

This would be possible with SetCore, but the person working on it finished their internship at ROBLOX before being able to compete it – so far no one else has picked it up, and it remains in a mostly-broken state. If one of the interns wanted to pick it up and finish it though, that’d be great.

I was working on this last summer. I actually have another internship at ROBLOX starting in about a week. I don’t know the current status of this API but when I left it wasn’t fully completed and required more thought. When I am back at ROBLOX I will look into this and post an update.

7 Likes

Very much appreciated @TheGamer101. I’ve been longing for this ever since the notifications were added. I already have my own badge notifications and I don’t want player point notifications.