[ENABLED as of May 28] SocialService Game Invites are Live

Nice, now games can give you rewards for inviting your friends :relaxed:
It’d be cool if we could have a setting that removed you from players that can be invited.

3 Likes

More cool SocialService ideas you may want to consider are:
- PromptTrade(player,targetPlayer) - to allow a user to send a trade to another user in-game. (Could be really useful for Trade Hangout)
- PromptGroupInvite(targetPlayer) - to allow the player to joins a group in-game. (Would be really useful for many group engaging games)
- PromptStatus(targetPlayer) - to allow the user to set their status about the game they’re currently in.

12 Likes

You can spam people with normal messages too, I don’t know why the restrictions would be different.

3 Likes

Because the use of in-game rewards allows developers to more easily incentivize spamming all their friends.

3 Likes

I’m sure the staff who made this service would have considered how spammable it was and decided the benefits would outweigh the cons anyways. At this point its either adapt by adding SocialService, or not and lose a huge advantage. I do think there needs to be cooldowns or a way to hide users that have already been invited though.

4 Likes

Just implemented this great new feature in to my game. Now, when a player invites someone to the game they will be given some in-game currency as a thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is very good feature and it’s good option to make systems like “invite to get”.

2 Likes

Bad idea due to scamming, yeah sure they are stupid but kids who doesn’t know any better will fall into their trap more easily in game.

let’s say we are friends on Roblox, and I spam invite you, what’s the first thing that you will do?

Probably unfriend me, spamming (being annoying) will cause you to loose a friend, I’m pretty sure anyone can figure that out.

What I am saying this isn’t much of a problem and could be solved with a click of a button by the users themselves.

I do agree that it does degrade User Experience.

4 Likes

Nice update, but thanks for the spamming invites

how much will it takes to see scam robux places, telling the players to write their password and invite all their friends to have robux?

5 Likes

If anyone wants to give the user so many coins, cash etc on a leaderstats board for sending invites to their friends, you can use my code which i made:

18 Likes

Would be nice if the invite button was greyed out for friends who are already in your current server.

42 Likes

This is GENIUS! Thank you so much to every engineer that made this possible, this opens up for a ton of opportunities! :star_struck:

6 Likes

I wish the developer could set the cooldown.

9 Likes

This will be immensely useful if you make it so it is distinguishable which invite the user follows.

1 Like

You could just see who the player followed to the game instead.

https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/property/Player/FollowUserId

2 Likes

FollowUserId doesn’t work with SocialService Game Invites I believe.

1 Like

No, but it shows that the person has followed the player. If the player had invited them in that server and then they’ve joined, you could give them a bonus.

1 Like

This seems like a cool feature but like many people on this thread have said, it encourages spamming invites to friends. An opt-out setting for invites would be useful. “Do you want to disable invites from friends? Yes/No”

7 Likes

Interesting concept.

1 Like

Very good update, it helps small developer to multiply their playerbase and in exchange the players instead of having to buy paid products they enjoy the perks that the developers may give them.

2 Likes