Disabling Mouselock Rotation

I know how to disable mouselock, but I don’t want to. I tried adding a bodygyro to see if it would solve the problem, but my character still rotates around when I move my camera in mouselock mode. Is there a simple way to fix this?

2 Likes

Can you give an example of the bug you have came in contact with?

1 Like

There is no bug, the only problem is that bodygyro doesn’t solve mouselock rotation.

2 Likes

The simple way is to disable mouse lock, what are you trying to achieve?

1 Like

My game supports mouselock, so I just want to be able to use it even when it shouldn’t work sometimes. If I disable it during interaction it won’t be too flexible.

The only achievement I can think of is for manual controls like swimming or flying. If I want to do the rotating all on my own (while keeping mouselock enabled) I’ll need to figure out how to achieve this.

1 Like

In the camera there is a section for mouse lock, try removing the code for rotation perhaps.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you insist on keeping mouse lock while disabling its functionality simultaneously, that’s not the right way to be approaching this. You should either be enabling it or disabling it where needed and making accommodations in the PlayerScripts if necessary to help with this transition ability.

That being said, what you can do is disable Humanoid.AutoRotate. This will anchor humanoids towards a certain direction and then it will be the developer’s responsibility how to turn them. When this is disabled, shift lock only affects the camera.

2 Likes