Disclosure of chances question

Ok I hate to say this but i’m discussing this again, I think i’ve made / made points in like 10 posts on this topic now the TOS is just so vague :frowning:

Ok i’ve designed a loot box system a little different from your traditional one that I will walk you through now:

Firstly a number is picked deciding how many different items you will get
then I do a for loop, inputting that figure to repeat the following process X amount of times
Now I do another random process of deciding which rarity of item I will be giving out
Then I do another random process depending on what item from that rarity I will give.
Then I do another random selection deciding how many of that chosen item you get.

If you wish to see my source code i’m referring to you can do so here

Now as you can imagine this may just be a slightly complex chest system

So i’m interested of how I would show the percentage of getting a specific amount of a specific card from a specific rarity while abiding with TOS.

The way I understand it (anyone may feel free to correct me) is that you will need to disclose the chances for each rarity. Then, if the chances between items in a rarity is not equal, then every item’s percentage must be disclosed individually. The percentages for how many copies are received must also be disclosed. If that percentage varies by item, then it must be disclosed per item, otherwise it can be disclosed generally.

Looking at your code, I’m not sure why it’s set up that way (did not look at it for very long). My first suggestion would be to simplify it so that this doesn’t have to be a problem. If calculating a raw percentage is too difficult on paper, another option is to run many thousands of trials and keep track of how often every result happens, and then use that for your raw percentages.

1 Like

This is true, everything you’ve stated, and is enforced in several countries in their respective legal systems.

It must also be stated that I’d advise against simulating odds. It’s much better to refactor so you have an exact simulated probability of something occuring.