Discord webhooks don’t work ingame

Confirming that this works!

We don’t use Discord to log data like errors or anything, but we do use Discord webhooks for other purposes, like player feedback.
I didn’t think this would work, but I’m surprised it did!

Just change your webhook URL (if you use that) to discordapp.com/api and not discord.com/api

Stop liking this it doesn’t work anymore.
Use a proxy. This one respects rate limiting at works like an absolute charm.

15 Likes

You can also use Guilded.gg. It’s owned by Roblox, and hasn’t blocked Roblox. The format for messages/embeds is the exact same as Discord

2 Likes

Now that I remember, somewhere in the official API documentation says that they are changing the api url from “discord.com” to “discordapp.com”, they were deprecating the “discord.com” url and they would eventually remove them, if this were the case then it is not related to Discord banning Roblox again!

EDIT: NOT THE CASE, the “discordapp.com” api is the deprecated one, it may be possible that Discord actually banned Roblox’s useragent but forgot to ban it on the deprecated url

4 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic posts on “Discord webhooks don’t work ingame”

Here’s how to bypass the blocks

2 How your API Will work

If you don’t know how to make api No worries I will make a plugin soon Will contain everything you just put your script and more info

2 Likes

Just an update on this: Can confirm, it’s not anything we did on our side. We’re still looking into what we can do about it.

34 Likes

It is allowed - you aren’t allowed to spam it, though.

1 Like

That’s not correct. There isn’t a singular IP address associated with Roblox’s HTTP calls.

1 Like

nevermind, they worked for a couple seconds this morning they are still broken

No, it’s not. There’s multiple IP addresses that Roblox uses. It’s not connected back to a singular IP, it is the user agent that is banned.

The user agent in a live server and studio are different, they are not the same. Discord had Cloudflare ban the user agent ‘Roblox’, not the IP. Please learn this stuff before arguing.

Huh, I’ve seen your name in Star Wars before. They banned the IP, not the user agent. Studio “Test” if I recall uses your own IP which is why it works in studio. Your forgetting that Discord most likely has every Roblox Server IP due to the fact trillions of requests were sent to Discord from Roblox per day so it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility if you disagree.

Thing is, the more I think about it I think this might be a Cloudflare Issue with Discord where CF is mistaking Roblox requests as a DDos Attack from the amount of requests Roblox developers send to Discord. Cloudflare recently updated their security and migitation. (ie. customizable HTTP DDos Protection)

No, the user agent itself is banned, not the IP. A previous post in a different topic showed the user agent ‘Roblox/Linux’ is banned, which is the current user agent banned.

Yes, I have a big analysis system for players and will be send to discord every minute, all these stopped working

Last Report:

• 11:25 PM IST 1 October
  • 3:25 AM JST 2 October
  • 5:55 PM UTC 1 October
  • 10:55 AM PST 1 September

These are exact time, when the discord blocked Roblox Webhooks and when they stopped working

Someone might have already said this but this isn’t a Roblox issue. Discord blocked webhooks being sent from Roblox. We either have to wait this out or just use Trello or Guilded for webhooks.

1 Like

That’s a quite complex way, its needed incase you strongly need to post at Discord, then you need to work hard and make this complex system, but this will affect many games and will be harder to make a messaging system from roblox-discord

This seems too short of a delay, I’d recommend using a system built for analytics (such as Google analytics or GameAnalytics) rather than Discord.

1 Like

This is likely not a bug!

To put it simply…

Games failed to respect rate limits so a large group of services now block requests from Roblox servers, or rate limit even more strictly

This is exactly why Roblox was blocked by Discord in the past.

For example, Trello now limits requests from Roblox servers to 10% of their normal rate limits. This is entirely at fault of users of these services on Roblox not following website guidelines properly, spamming requests and completely ignoring rate limits and response messages when they fail. A majority of services return response codes for when you need to slow down!

If Discord webhooks, or any other services blocking Roblox return again, it is a guarantee that if games continue to neglect to follow rate limits services will just immediately start blocking Roblox again.

4 Likes

hey folks, apologies for the outage. it’s as some of the others are saying however, Discord is blocking Roblox traffic because of folks not adhering to Discord’s terms and conditions. we’re looking at alternative solutions and also will try to follow up with Discord to see if we can work something out, e.g. maybe add more throttling specifically for Discord traffic, but for the time being calls made out to Discord won’t work unfortunately.

I’ll update this thread if we have any news. again, apologies that this stopped working without warning.

39 Likes