[Discontinued Project] Captcha Verification = The new way to keep spammers and bots out

New edition on august, this is lowkey cringe

:bust_in_silhouette: :robot: Say hello to Captcha Verification :robot: :x:

Tell the difference between players-- and bots.

This is a new way to challenge people who join your game-- that are human, not a bot!
This easily challenges users with a simple challenge that are difficult for machines and bots, but for humans, nope!

Here are some examples of the courses

(OLD NAME TITLE, ANTI-BOT IS CHANGED TO Captcha Verification )

Due to roblox not having ANY settings to throw these away, it instantly disables the chat-- unless they finish the course!

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎-------------------------------------------------- documentinstall‎ ‎ ‎ ‎--------------------------------------------------

Freepik made the document image :smiley:
UniconLabs made the install image.

The huge problem is that roblox isn’t doing anything about these scammers-- but the game can.

This model keeps out spam from your game-- this course is difficult for machines, but with people’s human eyes, they can easily solve the courses.

No action is need to process Captcha Verification

What will it do for me? Please help!

• Asks players to solve a easy question
  • Confuses scam bots
  • Disables the players chat unless the course is finished

Get the model by clicking “Install” and the document by clicking on “Document”

Like the FunCaptcha, but installed into roblox games.

You only need to solve 2 courses to solve it, its simple

Changelog

V1.1 = Released plugin, made main focus of the model to keep spam and bots out

11 Likes

I don’t see how this stops spammers? Also people will not want to have to do the Captcha when they join the game.

Roblox has a system in-game called proof of concept to depend against bots (even though it does not 100% work).

4 Likes

That’s the first thing people want to see when they join a ROBLOX game: A captcha asking them to solve it to prove they’re human. This is very disappointing.

3 Likes
Tbh i got headbashed but you dont want to see this cringe

it’s just a bread and a character-

Yeah i might update the captcha to something else where you can change the setting to your liking lol

A lot of people get mad when there are solutions to end a lot of problems because they know they’re one of the problems.

5 Likes

A little name suggestion

botn’t

1 Like

no i changed it to Captcha Verification

Thanks for your suggestion this is now a joke name
I support you

1 Like

This is incredibly easy to bypass, you can just check the image ids and select the right one, the bot only needs a few fails to have a 100% pass ratio. If they can make an application to open Roblox and send a chat message they can even more easily do the above.

Are you doing this server-side, otherwise that can be easily bypassed.

The only thing is this document seems to a copyright notice (which could just as easily be in the post)

5 Likes

I’m using a local script-

I dont want people stealing my work so they can run around and say “this document is mine!!! everybody block @JustAGameDeveloper1!!!”

Also i’ve tried to check if its enabled = false so it can turn back on, but i get a box of errors

Well sorry to say, but if so, this module is practically useless right-now as bots can send messages even when chat is hidden on the client.

7 Likes

Can’t you just put it in this post then, no need for a Google doc?

That would create more clutter for people to read through and i dont want that

Might as well add some more features to this :smiley:

Jokes aside, i might be working on some new things to stop this, otherwise im gonna have to discount this

Although I can see the intent behind this, it is a terrible idea. Having players do a captcha to join a game is annoying and can lead to player loss.

2 Likes

1 Like

I can see this idea becoming successful, but the way you guys are applying it is totally wrong and unproffesional.

Your Captcha System has so many security issues it will take me the whole night to write a list of them.

One of the things you really have to take serious is CHANGING THOSE CHALLENGES WEEKLY as people can create exploits that will recognize the right answer instantly. This is the main reason of why the Captcha Roblox is currently using is also changing all the times.

Another thing you really have to take serious is making this thing more secure, because by using simple exploits I can do stuff like bypassing this whole verification process.

Take your time and make this better before someone steals your idea and gets successful.

Yes, i’m opening a support topic because my detection code wont work lol

I wasn’t talking about stealing your work, I was talking about start a whole new project about Captchas.

People are fully able to do that no matter what you believe.

2 Likes