Do Yall Think My Obby Will Go Anywhere?

I Have A Obby Called Escape The Candy Store Obby! But, Idk If It Will Go Anywhere, I Have 70k+ Visits But, Im Not Seeing Anyone On It Anymore, What Do You Guys Think?\

https://www.roblox.com/games/4282602087/Escape-The-Candy-Store-Obby-REVAMPED?refPageId=c0d492b1-a126-4ff7-860c-f96d382310f0

3 Likes

Before I critique, I will say this now:

:1st_place_medal: Scooby Doo reference is always a win.

Critique

As a whole, the game concept was nice. I liked the fact that you go through a portal as a way of advancing and that really does just add story development to your game but… I did feel the game was lacking something.

I’m not sure what “something” is but I can definitely say it would have been nice to see:

• more technical elements such as the chocolate bridge: it actually breaking upon someone touching it would be nice.
  • more moving things - this games your game look more alive.
  • interactive elements, I’ll take anything from interactive NPCs to just open-able objects.
  • better scaling: in some parts its hard to tell what will kill me and what will not, in some parts as well it lacked any challenge - a walk in the park.

Technical Bugs:

• Every single one of your head candies were glitched due to the hats “touch interest” property causing me to be welded into it.
  • Parts of your game seemed out of scale.

If I had to rate it out of 10, I’d say a 7 currently. But I do think if you run ads on it I can see younger audiences enjoying it.

4 Likes

I Understand, I Just Fixed The Checkpoints, And Yes Scooby-Doo Reference Is Always My Go To Thing, And I Will Try My Best To Add In More Features Like You Said.

My feedback is:

Pretty good game, On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it 8.

Suggestions:

• Advertise your roblox game.
  • Add premium benifits.

I hope the suggestions helped your roblox development!

Thanks,
HDAdminUnofficial

Couple things:

Puddles in Candyland had hit boxes that had long response times, allowing me to not die on touch

Make your disco area more exciting

And you need to consider making a step up in difficulty. I completeD the game in seven minutes.

Aside from that, good game!

Critics: Bland,empty

Suggestion: make it so that the water and the poison can do motion, Make the portal rotate, Disco should have changing floor and excitment, Little more decoration

Good game tho

You should post this in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations if you need feedback, not here.

As @6Clu stated, Scooby Doo references are always a win.

Now for the critique of mine for my first playthrough.

Right on the first level, I failed to even notice the pink obstacle (I am red-green colorblind). Although it does blend with the wall. I feel like the colors are way oversaturated.

Also, I think the ragdoll effect is cool, but it needs to be worked on. Almost every death looks like this

As an avid obby player, (obbies are my third most favorite thing on Roblox, right after developing and clanning) so I noticed the SpawnLocations immediately. Although some kids may be confused, especially when it’s targetted to a younger audience.

Also, there is goo on the wall during the level where you avoid goo. But yet the wall goo does not kill you. You should be a bit more apparent that it isn’t an obstacle.

Also, mid playthrough I really started to notice the music. Please introduce a feature to mute it, I dislike that one tune. Reminds me of clickbait YouTube channels.

Also, the checkpoint Gui on the CandyLand Dimension really bothers me. It takes up a good fourth of the screen, and it wasn’t in the first area. Bit inconsistent.

I left the game at the start of the chocolate realm because I honestly was bored. I understand I’m not the prime audience, but obbies like these were at their prime around 2017-early 2018. I felt like the stages were a bit too repetitive.

I highly recommend you look into making more difficult obbies, or more commonly referred to as “Chart Obby”. They’re much easier to make, but they also have enough challenge to have users continue playing.

Thanks for reading.