Does :GetRoleInGroup() now have a delay?

I use :GetRoleInGroup() rather than :GetRankInGroup() due to it, or until very recently , instantly updating, unlike :GetRankInGroup(). Does this no longer get new information instantly?

1 Like

Both GetRoleInGroup and GetRankInGroup will yield when they make the web request call from the game to the website.

According to the wiki, if you use these functions from a Script the values will cache and will only technically yield on the first call. (I am not sure why these values dont cache when called from LocalScript or if its even intentional to behave different.)

If youre seeing this discrepancy, there may be some caching business going on with GetRankInGroup when its called somewhere else in your project.

As a rule though, I would expect both of these functions to always yield, even when they currently dont.

:GetRoleInGroup() no matter if it’s called from the server or the client used to provide the most up-to-date information, after some quick testing this doesn’t seem to be the case. Also the wiki says :GetRankInGroup() will only provide the most up-to-date information on the client, however for :GetRoleInGroup() there’s no notice.