Does getting teleported (via TeleportService) count as the same session

On the Text Filtering article (Text Filtering | Roblox Creator Documentation) it says that there is an exception to filtering, this exception is same player in the same session, but the question is, does teleporting a player with TeleportService count as the same session or a different session?

Technically it is a different session, but the intent was for shared accounts or if a user compromises an account, I’m sure. Best to play it safe and always filter though.

1 Like

The reason why I ask this, is that the article implies that there is a filter built in to the Roblox Client that reports games.

This may be true but I doubt it, I know a couple of games that have gaping holes in their filtering system that have been up for years. Why break the rules though instead of just filtering the content?

1 Like

Because my game is based around user generated code, which Roblox for some reason, loves filtering.

Oof, very difficult situation you have here. If you don’t mind me asking, what is your use case for teleportation?

1 Like

It’s to get around the AFK limit when your running your code.

1 Like

Oh, so this is a GUI only game? You could always alert the user at one-minute till to reset their character in order to stay in the game. Otherwise, you’d probably have to filter the code.

1 Like

Does that count as enough player action?

1 Like

Haven’t tested it myself, but I could if you’d like. Just give me 20 minutes and I’ll put the results in the post here.

1 Like

You don’t have to wait 20 minutes! Just use Player.Idled which fires every 2 minutes…

1 Like

I can’t get Idled to work for whatever reason… if you’re concerned that restting won’t get rid of the countdown, then maybe prompt them to move.

1 Like

I’m thinking about filtering in a way I normally don’t by using GetNonChatForUserAsync (wow Roblox seriously, was it a ‘who can come up with the longest name challenge’) for the same user as the person who it is filtered for. (If Roblox played, I would FilterStringAsync on 1, and GetNonChatForUserAsync on 1) since for some reason the filter is weak.

1 Like