Does wasting time count as scamming?

yup, maybe it go in #help-and-feedback but im sure is not building support

2 Likes

Yes that is what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I was right.

1 Like

Yeah but if you’re the service its different then when you’re an buyer. If you buy then go for someone with a larger group and that people know that he’s not a scammer. If you’re the guy who makes it then you want the cash first.

1 Like

Don’t worry, Its not that easy too exploit and publish the model yourself that quick. Usually you have too sit there for at least 10 minutes for it to finally work. Agreeing most people just want too scam developers but you should be fine.

2 Likes
  1. You should get at least 5 - 50% of your pay when about halfway done, in my opinion, to prevent scams. And then they should pay you the rest of your payment before you hand over the assets to them, in my opinion, that is the best way to do it.
  2. I wouldn’t consider it scamming as you did not give him the assets, HOWEVER, if they stole the assets, it could be considered scamming since you didn’t receive any form of pay. Make sure to report them to ROBLOX for that.
  3. To prevent these situations, you should do what I said in the first question, in the part where you should receive 5 - 50% of your pay when about halfway done. Also, make sure they have their funds, basically, make sure they screen record the funds so you have legitimate proof of funds before any commisions or work for a game.

Hope I helped! :smiley:

3 Likes

Wrong, you can steal entire place models (only the client) EASILY using things like “Dark Dex”.
That hack is incredibly easy to get, which is a big shame.

(@Ender_Dragoh, @Pr_amise as well.)

2 Likes

You should never publish your work under a game when working with a client, they can use a specific exploit such as Synapse to steal your entire game and take the model without paying.

No, he definitely did steal the map. Why would he ask to join the game in roblox and then block? She got scammed.

With Synapse X all you have to do is Saveinstance()

Depends on the age, I doubt any kid <14 would have access to Synapse, but it became grey as soon as he asked for the map to be published. I say he did steal the map, but I’m not sure.

Some 12 year old in HD commissioned me to build him a low-poly map, when I asked for payment, he blocked me. /shrug (I didn’t send the map ofc).

I found him on the devfourm under

but he joined my game under this account:
https://www.roblox.com/users/153421245/profile

I messaged him and talked about some irrelevant stuff (him buying limited off third party site) and he blocked me, but he said he dmed you about your build being not good enough or something