Draggable hose help using constraints

I’ve been trying to make a draggable hose with constraints but I’m unsure as to which constraint/constraints would work better. Issue is I’m not that good with constraints and I can’t seem to find the right one. I’ve looked on the dev forum and stuff for solutions but haven’t seen much.

The draggable hose I’m trying to make it something similar to this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/712327238082887690/785499100429942784/video0.mp4

Please let me know if you can be of any help. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m thinking the BallSocketConstraint would likely be the best choice for this behavior. Essentially you’re going to need a bunch of Cylinder meshed parts each with an attachment on each of the circular bases and connect the “top” Attachment on one cylinder to the “bottom” Attachment on the next cylinder in the chain.

Ok, what’s the difference between BallSocketConstraint’s versus the others?

So there’s many difference types of constraints. Rather than replicating all the information here, I’ll just be lazy and direct you to the developer wiki. Here’s a few common (according to my arbitrary opinion) types of Constraints, you can find a list of all of the by visiting the Roblox API Reference Manual and looking under the sidebar (Grouped display) section “Constraints”.

(Again, there are more that these)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll definitely try this out later.

@East98 I’ve managed to get the constraints working, I just need to do the draggable part. So would I make it client-side and then fire to the server when the player moves the hose?

Yeah you could hook up a RemoteEvent where the client fires the server with two arguments: the two connections that should be connected. On the server you can then create a new BallSocketConstraint and bind the two attachments. To disconnect two hoses you can just delete the BallSocketConstraint.