Dragoon Interactive Studios
We are a recently formed small game development studio based out of Texas, with an established background in game development on Roblox. Our members have previously worked on Control RTS, Thick Legends, Neigh, Speed Run 4, Frenzy and various other projects and games during our time on Roblox over the past 7+ years.
@GuestCapone - Project Lead and Lead modeler and texture artist.
@Weeve - Senior Programmer
@Thedagz - Junior Programmer
Our game is currently in its early stages of development, and thus we don’t have much to show just yet, however our project will remain confidential until we are confident its first impression to the public will exceed expectations.
About the position:
We are looking for a professional concept artist to join our team as our lead concept artist for our characters and environments. We expect high quality works that adhere to our game’s style. Good communication skills are appreciated; we check team progress weekly as we want to remain on schedule and ensure that quality is being brought to our projects, as well as to maintain a healthy relationship between the Company and Contractor.
We know the general art style and direction the game will be going in, however we are needing some help nailing down the look and feel of the characters and parts of the environment for our game. The overall art style of the game is set in a world being that is during a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk era that focused heavily industrialize and automating the world as much as possible before the machine uprising.
Example of our game's intended art direction
Credit: Karol Wieczorkiewicz
Basically, cyberpunk and terminator mashed together.
- Determines style, technique, and medium best suited to produce desired effects, or receives specific instructions regarding these variables for producing final drawings.
- Seek client approval for ideas with rough visuals - this stage may involve going back to the drawing board several times to rework sketches.
- Preparing and designing rough draft illustrations according to client specifications.
- Ensuring that printed drawings meet specified color and quality standards.
- Be 18 or older.
- Strong illustration and design skills.
- Passionate about visual design and the values it provides.
- Ability to act upon critique and design feedback.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Able to work a minimum of 10 hours/week.
Pay is $20 USD an hour and negotiable. Our payment method is through PayPal or ACH, and you will be required to fill out and sign a contract, and you will be responsible for billing your own time.
You can contact us here on the Developer Forum or via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/GuestCapone or on Discord by messaging BluDragoon#0001 and sending a link to this thread along with your portfolio within your first message. Failure to-do so and you will be ignored.
Thanks for reading!