[OPEN] DataSigh | 3D Modeler [UPDATED]

Hi there

I’m a 3d modeler and have decided to open up my commissions.
Here are some updated examples of my work:

3D models
Older models

Newer models

I’m also a computer science student irl so i’m fluent in java/python if you need anything done in those languages.

For prices, really depends on the project and how much you need. If its a simple one time mode or just a couple models it probably will be less than 50$ USD~ I also can take percentage if it’s for a long term game that I see potential in. If you have any questions thought feel free to dm me! :slight_smile: I love meeting new people who are also passionate about roblox game development!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/datasighrblx

36 Likes

While your work is awesome, you keep repeating that you’re in a huge need of “airpods” and you feature phrases like “please help me out lol”,
“broke boy”. This just makes the post very unprofessional and makes others possibly avoid you. Keep it professional, thanks.

14 Likes

Hello, Your work is amazing and you can be really good at that job but you don’t really need to say that things like " I’m lookin like a broke boy"
“please help me lol” like @Techoye said that looks very unprofessional.

4 Likes

I get what you mean, but I personally felt that the desired effect was to relate to us with the post by using that sort of language. I think it makes the post better, you don’t always have to act professional all the time, and sometimes if you’re too serious, it can put people off.

5 Likes

i don’t think me saying “i need to buy airpods” prevents me from giving clients high quality models… but ok

4 Likes

Unprofessionalism is portraited here, causing people not to want to hire you, as a modeler, please be more professional. For future references, please do not state statements relative to- “P.S (need airpods really badly, all my friends have them and i’m lookin like a broke boy),” or “I’m trying to save up for airpods so please help me out lol.”. Take this into consideration please, and you will most likely gain more clients. Please also take grammar under consideration.

6 Likes

Here’s how I see it though, me being friendly and relatable doesn’t stop me from making high quality models. If you checked out my twitter, I’v already got people hiring me so its not a big deal. I’v honestly never got people saying they dont want to hire me because I dont use punctuations at the end of my sentence because thats not what a sane person would say lol. And honestly, you can use grammar all you want but at the end of the day, that dosen’t make you a better modeler, builder, or scripter. I want my skills to be shown through my work and not my “grammar” lol k peace

P.S I still need to buy airpods, i’m halfway there now

4 Likes

It’s not about the grammar, it’s how you presented yourself which resulted in the responses you received not being what you had anticipated.

Well that’s great news to hear, however were the payments up front or were you paid upon completion?

1 Like

eh, I guess you’re right on that one chief. I’ll try to be a little more professional. But the money I made is from models that i’v finished over the past week already. If you want to see them, I been posting some of them on my twitter. I always get paid upon completion.

On this building, how many loopcuts did you use to make the roofing look so bendy, yet smooth?

1 Like

I checked my blender file and it was 9. I used proportional editing to make it look smooth and blocky if that makes sense. But I could of used like 7 too and got the same results. You probably know what proportional editing is and I used the linear fallout type. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I do know what it is, thank you! How many tris is the overall building then?

like around 5k. It was made for a game in unity so the triangle count dosent really matter so optimization wasn’t at the forefront of my mind lol.

That isn’t the case for everyone, though I’m wary of paying up front due to past encounters with individuals similar to his personality. I’d personally only commission him out of desperation.

I get paid after i finish the model… .-.

Well i’v only been using blender for 6 months so im still new to the business side of modeling.

I wouldn’t have had to assume the opposite if you had specified how payments are dealt with between both parties. Hopefully you reach your goal soon though I’d love to work with you in the future if commissions remain open by then.

Quite a few of you are posting about how unprofessional his portfolio is. I’ve associated with many kinds of people on Roblox over the years I’ve been on this platform, and I’ve found that grammar does not in any way define the person. It would in no way affect my decision to hire someone - that’s a bit shallow, in my opinion. His products are of a fairly good quality, and the constant attack on his lack of professionalism is unwarranted. A few people have already commented on it, and there’s no reason to further continue it.

8 Likes

Hey @DrawingBoard! Your models are amazing, especially “Pop’s Chock 'Lit Shoppe” sign and a cannon with textures you created, but… There is always one “but”.

Every Developer is always trying to improve their skills, practice, learn, simply they are trying to be better and better. If they like their work so much, but nobody is not able to see it… They are here to make their own portfolio, so they can show to other Developers how is their work stunning!

However your own portfolio is not bad at all, it’s great! But nobody cares about “airpods” or other stuff like that. There are probably many people who wants something like that, but still they don’t mention it, especially on Developer Forum where is all about Development.

I want you to do me one simple favor.

Edit your portfolio again! Make it unique, try to not mention your “wishes” ( airpods ) and tell us something about yourself!
We would like to see more of your work or maybe even hire you, but don’t forget this “If you love your work, then try being a professional of that what you love! Early or later you will achieve what you want ( even airpods :grin: )”

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s any rules on the forums against the use of poor grammar or talking about how much you need airpods. The wording of the post being informal doesn’t mean that OP is unprofessional. The images attached show their ability as a modeler, which is all that should matter for a portfolio.

6 Likes