Eclipse (Server-Side AntiExploit) *ARCHIVED | Announcement*

I don’t want to seem mean, but it looks like you spent more time adding comments to the configuration than you did working on the anticheat itself.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
We can’t highlight your mistake, instead we make up excuses to make Eclipse seem bad?

Planning on fixing this, I’ was not alert of this fatal flaw.

How is this non-physics exactly?

I understand the effort but I can’t help to say that it seems like you are advertising this as your own asset. The original Anti-Cheat made by FJ’s is almost identical to yours I found this out while inspecting the code of Eclipse. I could understand how you are pretty much advertising this as your own if you modified FJ’s Anti-Cheat a lot but you just didn’t as it is almost identical. I recommend that you advertise this more as a fork and less like it’s your own system because it isn’t. Furthermore, I recommend that you state the advantages of your lightly modified version of FJ’s Anti-Cheat to give developers a reason to use your system instead of the original. I know that like most developers you have good intentions and you want to contribute to the community but please understand that if you are going to modify a system so slightly don’t advertise it as a whole new separate thing. And just to bring this up I know you put in the end that is a fork of the original but I still feel that you are advertising it as your own.

3 Likes

There is clearly a message at the button saying ‘This is a forked version of FJ’s AntiCheat’

I just addressed that if you actually took time to read my reply. Its important to understand that when you address Eclipse like this “Eclipse has a-lot of features I was going to make Eclipse a paid resource but after my co-developer left me I decided to make Eclipse public”. You legit didn’t even edit that much and you think just a little credit is ok, to be honest Eclipse shouldn’t even exist it is just FJ’s Anti Cheat.

1 Like

The fact that you never made it say anywhere it was a fork before someone pointed it out too

It’s scummy he is pretty much just reposting FJ’s work and giving him barely any credit.

2 Likes

I can’t find any difference, other than a “reskin”.

Looking through the main code, it all seems pretty identical to FJ’s Anti-Cheat.

Can you tell us the differences? Why should we use this over FJ’s AC?

1 Like

Currently Planned

• In-Game GUI (Used for toggling check’s, adding admins to whitelist)
  • WhiteList System (InConfig // Or In-Game GUI)
  • Kick / Ban Punishments (Next Update)
  • More Check’s (More Anti-GodMode, Server-Sided Anti-Backdoor)

Okay but is there any differences as of right now?

I don’t even know why this is listed as “Non-Physics”, It’s a physics anti-exploit. Also sending information to the client can result in an not so pleasant scenario.

It seems to cause a lot of errors if you anchor their humanoid root part

2 Likes

So these are some basic things that a Roblox exploiter would do, but most exploiters now a days use Synapse X and mainly insert a troll admin GUI and basically hack the game, so you should try adding a system that detects inserted scripts/UI into the game.

Tf is a “troll admin gui” :skull:and they can use any exploit to insert an (EXPLOIT) GUI and it’s rarely detectable and the average dev wouldn’t know how to do it so it’s actually bad advise.

Its not my problem don’t know how to do it, but exploiters may do something else than just fly or noclip through walls, that’s just basic exploits

if you have a backdoor in your game though a anti-cheat isn’t going to do anything though as its code executing the server? If an Anti-Cheat is interfering with code regardless harmful or not it needs to be reworked.

1 Like

Not at the moment other than some logging and extra things,

Of coruse it does, the network owner gets transferred