Errors when buying limiteds cause free N/A serials of it to be given out

The new limited was released, so I clicked as fast as I could on the buy button, but since lots of people must have been doing this at the same time trying to get it, it said something like: Error, unable to purchase, your balance has not been affected.
The link to the limited is here.

When I look in my inventory, it is there, however there is no serial number and It is not in my recent purchases.
Why has it been placed in my inventory? Either charge me the proper pricing for the item or remove it from my inventory.

Thanks,
The_Immortal

26 Likes

Got the same issue when i purchased it. I did also contact roblox support before this post thinking it was just me.

9 Likes

Im just worried roblox may take it as like a exploit or something and ban me :confused: (Most unlikely but that worry is still there :cry: )

Same issue here

10 Likes

If you actually go to the roblox catalog API you will see it has 1k sales and 1 remaining which is probably why its glitched out :thinking:

https://search.roblox.com/catalog/json?Category=2&SortType=3

use F3 and type name to find the item

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me as well, it shocked me at first cause I thought I was the one that caused it to break since my balance didn’t change at all but I still owned it lol. Good to know I wasn’t the only one!

6 Likes

Unfortunately I was actually charged for the item :frowning: but I have had the same issues otherwise. I bought it before there was just one left according to the page.

3 Likes

45 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

This is an interesting, and worrying, case. Previously with items like the Autumn Crown, the sales caused by buying through other methods to get around a broken buy button were at no cost, and the ones which cost R$ came after going off sale for some time, giving users a chance to see the item was fixed.

Here, on the other hand, the initial 1K purchasers, the ones who got serials, were the ones who got charged, and everyone afterwards got the face for free.

Roblox is left with the question of how to handle it. They can’t take cash from the +1K users, or remove the faces, since that leaves an unfair situation. They could refund the first 1K buyers, and then fix the face, but then we’re left with a bunch of users who got a free Limited U face. They could refund the face and then take it off sale, but now we’re left with users who want the face, but probably won’t get it.

All around a messy situation, and one that’s bound to get worse if Roblox doesn’t act fast. It has a timer set to end in around 24 hours from my reply being posted. When the Autumn Crown, the last item to have this sort of glitch, hit 0 on its timer, the issue fixed itself by acting as if it’s any other sold out Limited U. It did, however, mean that many people got free profit from the crown.

Here, if the timer hits 0, we’re left with a split between users who paid 1K for the face, and users who paid nothing for it.

You should be fine, this is from what I remember the 4th time an item has had this issue.

6 Likes

Alright.

So I watch forums and it seems many other users where able to get this face for free and not be charged after it sold out its 1k stock.
All saying a error message was shown.
But the item is in there inventory.

Best roblox can do is take away the items of users who have it after the 1k sales.

Edit: it seems that your still able to buy it still after like what 12 hours? This is odd.

The federation is now glitching if you have 50k robux your getting it for free.

Needs to be fixed urgently.

EDIT: Its fixed now but the ones that got it for free (No serial) are able to sell it now for robux.
still a urgent issue!

5 Likes

I just got this item for free too. Is there gonna be a followup? Maybe a rollback? Or have the effects already spread too far on the site for it to be fixed?

Edit: with 237 owners and 50,000 ROBUX that means ROBLOX just handed out 11,850,000 ROBUX in limiteds.

3 Likes

Not entirely sure what the criteria is but feeling like this should listed as a critical tag. People just bought an item for 50k that others for got free + profit.
That’s a very large amount of robux

4 Likes

To put an exact number on the baronesses, I counted with R+'s list. 137/239 were free. No clue how many Blue Orcs were though, I don’t think I could count through such a list, and Roblox’s API has been so slow recently that running a script to scrape that info would take some time, and someone who knows how to account for the slower rate.

2 Likes

The web site hasn’t been manipulated, It’s happen to me, I click “Buy” on the new baron (only 2 left), but the robux wasn’t deduct from my wallet, I got non-serial item. At least delete the item but not their account. Normally the bot would be the first to get the item, not the last.

2 Likes

Did some magic and found that there are 5524 total owners of the Blue Orcs. That is 4524 people that did not pay for the 1000 robux face and still own it.

5 Likes

The owners of the Baron Federation that got it after its stock was out are ruining its RAP and selling it low in attempts for fast robux it seems.

1 Like

If my math is correct, Roblox lost 6,850,000 Robux off the extra 135 owners of Baron and lost 4,524,000 Robux off the extra 4524 owners of Blue Orc… Major blow.

4 Likes

The most concerning part in all of this is the lack of response from any Roblox staff, despite all the attention to it from the community. They really need to make a statement about this, soon, and stop making more hats until they fix this. I didn’t get a free baroness, or any baroness at all, but I did get a glitched blue face. Even a short one paragraph post on the DevForum from a Staff would really help out.

7 Likes

It is a national holiday today, if a response is coming it likely won’t be until tomorrow.

8 Likes

The newest face is stuck at 2 remaining.

2 Likes