Extra Account Security Precautions

Hello there!

As a Roblox developer, account safety is a major concern for both myself and arguably a vast majority of the Roblox player base.

For serious developers who make large income off Roblox, you would want to ensure the security and safety of your funds. I believe that you should be prompted to enter your pin when paying somebody out via group funds or purchasing an item. I believe there is another thread regarding this, but it should also prompt you with a pin if you are transferring ownership of a group. Pins are a great feature that can really enhance account security if somebody ends up getting on your account. Now, some may bring up the argument that this is tedious and that it will be annoying to constantly type in a pin – but that is why this is an optional feature. If you truly care about your account safety, you wouldn’t mind taking 5 seconds to type a pin.

For the most part, you can protect things such as account credentials and expensive collectible items. However, there are no measures to help protect your Robux. Of course, if you are keen about account security, nobody should get into your account in the first place … but you know, things happen. I actually remember when a group of developers got hacked and all of the hard-earned Robux within their groups was lost. This could’ve been preventable if such measures were set in place.

I don’t see any negative aspects or issues with this idea, but if you find any, feel free to let me know!

4 Likes

If your first secret code got stolen (your password), I don’t see why a second secret code (pin code) would fix anything.

No they don’t if you set up your security properly (unique randomly generated password, 2FA, securing your email really well). The only way “things happen” is if Roblox customer support gets social engineered into giving someone else access, which I haven’t heard of yet.

You could be using the engineers’ time on something more effective/productive.

2 Likes

I don’t think that necessarily exempts the amount of people who’s accounts get compromised daily. I’ve had good friends who have lost groups and Robux off this issue. Sure, some people are more considerate of these things than others, but lots of scams could’ve been prevented with this.

They didn’t have enough security on their account.

If pins become more widespread, eventually the phishing pages will just ask for your pin number, and now pin numbers are less secure.

Yeah my thread covers group ownership.

Account pins are great for added security. Hopefully ROBLOX does take our suggestions into consideration.

3 Likes

@EchoReaper This one is similar to my post so feel free to lock this one as well to prevent clutter.

1 Like