DreyNotDre- Programmer for hire (Game Development, Web Development, and Bot Development)

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

Hey everyone. I sincerely feel awful for writing this. I took on a lot of projects and felt amazing about doing them. I felt great about the community response to my portfolio despite how little roblox experience I have. Today (06/04/2019) I went through something in my person life that is making me take a step back from the online realm for a while. And focus on the people in my life more closely. For this reason I can’t contine any of my projects. I say this with deep regret, and accept any impact this might have on my reputation.

About me

I am a first-year computer science student at university and a long time programming hobbyist. The majority of my work involves languages such as Python, Java, JavaScript, Golang, and C++ but my hobby started in RBLXLua.

I’m interested in all types of projects: Game Development, Web Development, Game Analysis, Discord Development, you name it!.

Showcase

Since I’ve only recently come back to scripting on Roblox I don’t find it meaningful to list any Roblox work here. Instead, I’ll provide my GitHub and personal website and let you decide for yourself if I’m worth your time.

Github: https://www.github.com/brennengreen

I’ve also worked as a web developer for a non-profit and as a research assistant in a bioinformatics lab. I have a lot of experience and can learn just about anything put in front of me.

Availability

Starting May 24th I’ll be available every day after 4:30 PM EST.

Payment

I enjoy this stuff so I’ll do a lot of small stuff for free. However, larger scale pieces and project work will require a commission. I determine pay by hours worked or a percentage of earnings from my product. You the consumer can choose from the two.

Contact

Discord: dreymatic#5314

Thanks for checking me out,
Brennen

8 Likes

I don’t think you should not work for free, i would suggest you put a price down because scripter is more work and if you are working. For 2 hrs on a game with somebody then once it’s done you don’t get payed, i would think about that…

3 Likes

I appreciate your thoughtfulness a lot. However, I’m a student and genuinely enjoy this. If someone needs a problem fixed that’ll take me 2-3 hours I’ll probably learn something. And in that case, thats my payment.

However, if I needed to be working on a project 2 hours a day, 4 days a week. I’d be expecting payment.

Some may find it bonkers to work for free, and I don’t disagree. However I’ve worked in the real world for free through research and the non-profit I made a website for. I don’t regret doing this for free because the work was meaningful and I learned a lot.

It’s just my personal opinion. If I get a lot of requests, I may need to put down a premium as a way to filter that. But for now I don’t mind the free labor!

3 Likes

Do you script tools and stuff like that as well?

Tools is very vague, mind going more in depth?

I’m mostly talking about tools like superpowers and stuff similar to what you would see in movies. A lot of bodymovers and stuff that I’m not that experienced with.

Add me on discord (try dreymatic#5314, was not aware of the case sensitivity on discord)

1 Like

Hey! I’ve never seen anyone do this stuff for free! I sent you a Friend Request on Discord so we can talk about it.

As far as I know, payment gives people motivation. Without it, You will not try and go to your limits. You will just say: I am bored… Next! So I only hire people for payment. I would recommend setting up a payment system. Your experience might embark on more ambitious projects due to the idea of the employer that you get payed a lot, therefore you are good. (Do not disappoint them though!) So if you want to get somewhere in life, Just put a price.

2 Likes

I understand your bias as I’ve experienced similar negative incidents, however money isn’t enough for everyone. Passion is what some thrive off of while money is what others live for, different people have different perspectives.

I’m going to assume there’s hidden restrictions within this deal I.e being development of simulators will require x amount of payment.

However volunteer work eliminates the leverage project leaders have. Meaning @F_lipe isn’t obligated to work, a schedule can’t be enforced therefore a deadline can’t be forced upon a volunteer. Volunteers that abandon their assignments is justified by the community as “What did you expect from volunteer work” therefore you lose the privilege of damaging their reputation. If a project leader is impatient, than volunteer commissions isn’t going to be within their interest.

2 Likes

I suppose your right, You get educated before you work, so I agree. But project leaders who hire volunteers are looking for profit won’t get any Good developers on the forum. Sure! they can go for it, but the success rate for those people are 0, therefore your work will be not popular and people will care less. But still, you give a fair point. I am 50/50 on this one.

Your point of view is definitely respectable. Though like it was mentioned by the other user who replied to your post, money isn’t always the only motivation.

For me, I’m not going to do something for free if it’s not interesting. It someone is looking for help on a raycasting system that lets me utilize some really fun maths and learn new things then I’m always going to be engaged and having a lot of fun with that. I’ll get lost in my work regardless of pay.

Though if someone wants me to script a hamburger for them, well I might not be so willing to do that.

The only thing pay gets out of my is a greater willingness to follow a consistent schedule and meet deadlines like said. If you just want your raycasting system in a month and you’ll leave me alone other then that it’ll be done on time. But if you want it done in a month with weekly updates and a certain amount of progress per day then what you’re paying me to do is follow your schedule, you’re not paying me to script.

At least that’s my point of view. I think it’s really circumstantial. Some people do this as their source of income, I will have a job this summer and roblox is something I do for fun so the money isn’t extremely important to me. (Though a always appreciated bonus)

Please excuse improper grammar/typos I’m on my phone :grimacing:

1 Like

There’s not enough people in the world like the very few of us that rather learn and enjoy than to try only to make a profit. Best of luck. College is hard.

6 Likes

Hey! Your Discord tag isn’t working. May you add me on Discord? AlvinPolys#0001

Hey first of all lovely work. Although your website doesn’t seemed very well scaled for mobile. Other than that its awesome!

Prior to 05/17/19 I haven’t received any update on the present progress of the project. It was volunteer work therefore my expectations were relatively low however his enthusiasm had intrigued me so I went into this with an open mind.

I pitched the project, couple hours went by and I received no response. I thought to myself “I’ll give it a few more hours before trying again” so around 3-4 hours went by with no response and I decided to try again knowing if it failed this time I would just give up. I actually received a response immediately after which was a huge relief and we began discussing the project which resulted in him being interested in the task of creating an open sourced plugin that I believed would be beneficial to many builders.

I believe my request was fairly reasonable for a volunteer assignment with no deadline set nor any obligation to inform me on a monthly basis. I had waited until 05/25/19 to ask of him how his project was going with 0 response given.

(If @DreyNotDre wants this message removed i’ll gladly do so, I just wanted to share my personal experience with him regarding his volunteer services)

I’m not saying I didn’t do this but I’m also saying I don’t know who you are

Requested by topic creator.