Feedback and tips on my first blender render?

Hi!

I’ve been working on producing some basic thumbnails for my game, and I know this doesn’t show much of the actual aspects of the game, but what are your opinions on this render for one of the characters? Can you tell that the character is in a city/urban area? Does this make the game seem interesting?

I’d also like to know how to get rid of that sort of misty look on the avatar’s face and clothes, if that’s possible?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey! Looks good, Try doing the shading more in a faded way, also the black tunnel looks more like a black wall instead so try making sure it doesn’t look like a flat smooth part

It looks quite basic but good for a first render, you should add more detail to the build behind the avatar, make it look like it’s about the player, and if it’s some type of FPS game you’re trying to use it for, or just an adventure game, maybe make them look somewhat confused and ready to explore something.

I hope this helped! :slight_smile:

ah okay, thank you ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not an artist but I like it.

At the start it’s looks good but I don’t know if I should be focusing on the background or the character itself I find a few things out of place that you should try working on?

I find the lighting to look quite dull you should try playing around with it because the building itself looks like fog is approaching the area I would try tweaking the lighting a bit to capture that urban theme your wanting I’m not sure what’s happening on the flooring there seems to be a big bright street light but no shadows are casting on the floor or building itself I’m pretty sure this is intentional? Or is that being worked on?

I would perhaps work on the posing and consider throwing some additional objects around the area maybe litter or different details? It’s a suggestion you could take if needed, choose whatever looks good to you.

1 Like

This is so helpful, thanks so much!

1 Like