Court House

Hey guys, I am working on a state at the moment and I have got the main outline for our courthouse. I would just like to get the feedback of what I can spice up about the build itself. Here are the current pictures I have of the courthouse but I just want to spice it up a bit and the DevForum community can help me with that!

The shrubbery and trees are only for this photo, this is not the trees nor terrain that will be used

17 Likes

It looks great in every detail even on the outside of the court and I like the material you used that looks good in the day and night

3 Likes

I really appreciate it! Is there anything you would change or suggest to make it better?

2 Likes

Well I would just say change the texture of the pillars to a softer but great work

3 Likes

Looks good from the front appearance the material use really matches the structure your going for.

If I were to offer any feedback, I’d suggest working on the pillars as the material looks a little odd however that depends if your following a reference image and the pillar material is used like that it could be more detailed in a kind of way. Although the structure has a unique style and theme are you planning on decreasing the amount of brick material on the pillars since real life ones have a more smoother approach?

The pillars themselves could be more detailed, in regards you should include the missing objects (such as the volute at the top giving the pillars a better look) however that depends if your recreating a court house of off a reference image you gathered. However it’s a good build best of luck finishing your build.

4 Likes

It’s honestly amazing, work on the interior and you’ve got something good!

4 Likes

Looks very good! I don’t really see any ways you could improve, maybe try adding some terrain?

2 Likes

Nice build!

Things I could change is its a very static building as its mainly straight lines making it feel blocky

I could recommend bevelling or turning the grey pillars into cylinders and also changing the material from brick to maybe something like concrete?

Also the roof of the build looks thin I would try and make it bit thicker

besides that neat build :smiley:

2 Likes

“Order! Order!”

Great work though!

2 Likes

Good build but maybe replace some of the bricks with a different material. Maybe the pillars and the bottom brick that connects them below the windows. And custom marble pillars would complete the entrance!

2 Likes

Looks great, maybe put a hanging light over the front entrance and change those pillars to some other material. Concrete, marble, or another unique texture for the pillars would really compliment the rest of the build. The roof could also use a shingle texture as opposed to brick. Overall, great work!

2 Likes

I can’t really say anything about what you’re supposed to change.
However, I have a question: have you already completed the whole courthouse? If so, could you show us some pictures of the interior design?

2 Likes

This looks amazing! Keep going!!

2 Likes

Looks good keep up the good work mate

• Sav
2 Likes

Thank you so much for that suggestion! That is a very good one.

1 Like

Hey! I did complete the courthouse, I worked on it some more after seeing some of your guy’s suggestions and I finished it up! You can take a look at this picture here:

2 Likes

When I saw this one, I immediately looked over it and decided that concrete would be a more rational place to put it as! I appreciate your feedback & suggestion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

that looks a lot better. keep up the great work!!

1 Like

I like this, but I’d prefer using a texture over the brick material, and the top definitely could use more detail, along with your pillars.

1 Like