[FeedBack] First attempt at a low poly build

Hello, So i usually don’t do low poly when it comes to games because mostly the want realistic so I wanted to try a low poly build! This is my first attempt. I got inspiration from a thumbnail on youtube and decided to base mine off it! This is what I have!

Tell me these.

• Would this be suitable for a popular game?
  • Is this good for a first attempt?
  • Is there anything I should could sider changing or retouching
  • What do you think of the build!

Photo of the building

Thanks!

16 Likes

I would make the window glint effect a little bit less pronounced by increasing the transparency of the parts that make up the light streaks, but other than that it looks great :+1:

3 Likes

So:

• Possibly, yes, this could be suitable for a popular game.
  • This is a stunning first attempt.
  • Windows are a bit too “shiny”, try to add a little lawn or something at the front of the building.
  • Personally, I rate this a solid 9/10 as a first attempt! :heart_eyes:
3 Likes

Very good first attempt, however it looks like you duplicated one floor 4 times. For something that is not seen all the time it would be fine, however if you intend to use this as a primary building, something the player goes in and out of/ interacts with, I would recommend adding some randomness to the bricks on the face of the building, add something like a flowerpot on one of the windows, etc, just a little more detail.

3 Likes

It wouldnt be intended as a primary building but thank you for the feedback. I will change the bricks around and add some randomness

1 Like

Wow, for a first try this is very nice. I really like the shine you gave the windows. Although, do you think you are using this for anything in particular? Overall though, it looks really good, good job!

1 Like

Im not. Thank you for the feedback! i could you this asset for something in the future but overall its just for practice!

1 Like

Definitely, it looks incredible!

Yes! For sure. I love the way it looks.

No, it’s fine the way it is!

I think it’s an incredible build, especially for your first low poly build. Keep going, man. Your going to go far if you keep it up!

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I will continue and I might have a new asset for tomorrow for the community to see. Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

No problem, man. Just keep up the good work. Have a nice rest of your day!

1 Like

This is a great first attempt but some things aren’t necessary or should be changed!

1. Try to lower the amount of little bricks that appear on the buildings. (It looks confusing and in a game with many buildings it may lag a lot) Try bricks like these:
    Capture

Also the glass is a bit to shiny.

One more thing –
In my personal opinion windows like these look really good and appealing to the eyes.

Keep building, I would like to see your work in the future! :smile:

6 Likes

Thank you! I was considering windows like those but I didn’t think they would go with the build! Thanks for the feedback. Helps alot!

1 Like

Agreed. I 100% agree with you @chima95.

• Yes, I think this would be suitable for a popular game.
  • This a great first attempt.
  • I think you should increase the transparency of the effects in the windows.
  • I think it looks great!