Feedback for my Build

Hello fellow Developers! Me and my friend our currently working on a game and I would like a opinion on one of our Low Poly Builds, shown here!

This build is inspired by: Feedback on Low Poly Builds

Thank you for reading,

~Lawinet

8 Likes

It’s actually pretty great! When I posted my own “feedback for my build” many suggested that I should tone down my neon. I think you should too! Anyway, great job and keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Hello Lawinet!

This build is pretty good, but here’s some suggestions I’d like to post out.

• As @DarthLexus5467 said, you should tone down the neon you’re using for the windows, as it’s too bright. You should also change the windows to a slightly more dark yellow.

• The colours you used on the hotel, in my opinion, is a bit too bright, I suggest mixing in some darker tones of orange, and just really experiment with colours to find the right tone for your build.

• Also, from the angle you took the photo in, the windows doesn’t seem to be correctly aligned, some of it is a little to the left compared to the window beside it. correct me if i’m wrong

• It may just be the lighting, but the door looks like there’s neon material on it. If that’s the case, you should use smooth plastic and try to tone down the colour a few shades. If you’re using smooth plastic, I suggest going with a rather middle - dark tone.

These are really all of the suggestions I have, good luck to your build. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is really nice, but next time could you provide picture, so we don’t need to download it? Thanks, otherwise really good!

4 Likes

Thank you very much and I will take this feedback into account, and yes I do believe it’s just the angle I took the photo.

Hello Lawinet,

This Low Poly Build looks rather good, however I would like to point out a few things as many others have.

1. The use of Neon to apply a lighting effect to the windows is a handy one, however it would perhaps be good to consider lowering the brightness.

2. Just from the picture alone, the Neon applied to the Double Doors doesn’t appear to be currently necessary unless you want it to be seen at night from a farther distance.

3. Make the “HOTEL” Sign stand out a bit more, it rather blends in with the overall structure of the building itself, as well as the colors of the building.

These are the only suggestions I have, good luck with your build!
D3V

1 Like

Your low poly build looks amazing, like all the different details you added to the hotel part. It looks amazing however, there is a few things. To fix on your building to look more like a hotel building!!

Neon Effect
As others said above. You should lower down the neon effect to look more better as by looking at your building. It’s way to bright and doesn’t look, right when it’s to bright i would, recommend you turn it a bit and you! could use the glass material. To look more better and decent as most hotels have that!!

Double Doors
The white neon effect you added to the door. Is a little to much you could also turn that down a bit more to look more better, i would recommend you change the door piece. To a glass material so you could see the door more clearer, as it has the same neon effect on both. Windows and door i would fix that i bit more.

Hotel Color
The color you added to your hotel, is a little to bright and it doesn’t go well on the hotel i would recommend you. Add different colors on your hotel, to look more better as most hotels, have white, grey, ect. Different kinds of colors! mixed up on hotels. You could try doing that so the hotel won’t look bright…

Hotel Sign
I see that you have the hotel sign. The same color as the whole building you could add different kinds of colors to your sign, to stand out more i would suggest! you the sign a white color! so it won’t look to, blended in with the whole hotel color!!

Hotel
The hotel looks really decent, you could also turn down the neon effect on the. Golden stars so it won’t look to bright you could, always add different colors to your building! so it won’t look to bright and the brick colors on the hotel. I would change the colors as well and the door it doesn’t look centered, correct me if i’m wrong. Overall you have done a great job on your hotel!!

Overall, you have done a great job keep it up.

Try other neon colors, it’s kinda bright, and makes things look kinda ugly. Also, darken some colors to remove that reflecting effect.7cb5877620040e8326432219bf45e614c4d7ae4f_2_690x459

This is awesome but I find that the neon lights diverts away attention from the actual hotel.

A darker shade on the neon part will reduce the brightness and would be more uniform across the building.

It’s Pretty awesome! But like the others mostly say, you Should tone down the neon. Anyways make Sure Not to give up and good luck!

Lovely build, most people have already suggested toning down the brightness on the nenon windows. I also think that you should make the “HOTEL” a bit bolder, it may look ugly though but give it a try with all the new suggestions you’ve been given!

On the other hand everything looks incredible and I love it, please keep up the work it’s super cute! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You should make the neon less bright, you can do this by changing transparency.

The Hotel sign is hard to read, I don’t know if it’s just from the angle, but still, you should make it thicker and a diffrent color.

Sorry, I meant, it is because of the neon windows.

It’s not a free model decal, it’s literally blocks, don’t just assume straight off the bat that it’s a free model.

I don’t understand, could you elaborate?

Thought this topic was this topic Feedback on my Low-Poly Cafe-Motel. The motel and cafe is a decal.

I personally like low-poly builds so this is pretty good already, but when I looked at the hotel my eyes strained a little because of the neon windows, maybe adding something a little less bright? Other than that your build is great!