Feedback/Help on music

Hello! I made two songs, one in GarageBand and one in beepbox. Both of them I just kinda messed around to make.

GarageBand: I made this song around 2 months ago. I used all loops except for the drumbeat, which I did on my electronic drum set.

Beepbox: I made this today, what do you think of it?

Feedback and suggestions would be great!

4 Likes

Great job! I could definitely the see the first one in a game. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like the second one, but the first seems confused because it switches instruments, scales, tones, and beats like crazy and it sounds like a bunch of cuts from good songs stitched together. Here’s a tip, listen to it all the way through, and cut it into pieces for each section where the tone and stuff is consistent, then use those as a seed to make them into full songs, then you will have a bunch of really good synth songs.

1 Like

Oh good, the music not broken then. Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys!

Actually, I’m going to save you some time and identify which segments go with which song and which segments are their own.

Song 1: 0:00 - 0:02
Song 2 part 1: 0:02 - 0:09
Song 2 part 2: 0:09 - 0:13 (Make part 1 of this song first, then have a silence transition to this part)
Song 3 part 1: 0:13 - 0:17 (Do a similar thing with this one as I said to do with song 2)
Song 3 part 2: 0:17 - 0:37 (needs to be smoother and the notes need to be held longer)
Song 4: 0:38 - 0:53 (Scale down a bit more or have more of an intermission between notes)
Song 5: 0:54 - 0:59 (This one needs some work or can be forgotten entirely)
Song 6: 0:59 - 1:14 (This one is great, but needs more note fade, or a longer rest between notes)
Song 7: 1:15 - 1:23 (Great already, just make it into a full song.)
The end has some good stuff in it too. You just need to chop it up and add it to the other song segments in this list.

Overall, you have potential. Segment 7 was your best. I’m not sure why you compiled all of your completely different song ideas into one mp3 file, but you have some good stuff to start full songs in there. Keep practicing. Work on these segments individually and you will have 7 good synth songs.

1 Like

Your problem with the first song is you were trying to do too many things at once. Try to do 1 thing at a time in a song. I don’t mean 1 instrument or 1 note, but 1 idea for a song. The second song you made was pushing it a little with 2 songs, but it sounded pretty good in the end. Focus on 1 idea or theme for your songs, don’t make it a jumble of 7 different song segments.

1 Like

The first song lacked proper structures and is messy. The drumbeat didn’t match it. The second one had a hollow feeling in. Mixing and panning are recommended for the most part(if your DAW allows it). Transitions are important as well, like the example below.

2 Likes