(FEEDBACK) My first small Grocery Store

(Original title:(FEEDBACK) My first low poly small Grocery Store I changed the name cuz when I first made this post I thought this was Low poly style building but now I know it isnt so I changed the name)

Hello, it’s my first post on the forum. I’ve made my first low poly small grocery store and I would like to know what do you think about it!

Here’s the link:Low poly small grocery store - Roblox
Screenshots:
Front

Right side:

Left Side:

Back:

15 Likes

First of all, welcome!

As I can see, you’re a beginner builder, but if it’s your first low-poly build, then congratulations. It’s pretty well made. Keep up the good work and who knows, maybe shortly you will be even better.
Cheers!

PS: I just saw you’re Polish too, I guess our community gets bigger fast. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the images!

First thing I would like to clarify is that this is not low poly. A lot of Roblox builders have this wrong idea about low poly in that it relates to the way you build something or how it appears and thus end up misusing the term frequently. Mininalism is not low poly. I’m not a builder but I know that much.

What you have right now is a good starting point at the very least but there is still much to improve around here. You may want to take the simple approach to building and that’s fine but it feels too simple to be usable. I don’t know whether you intend to actually use this or if it’s just a test round of your current building skills, though. It’d be good to use this as a stepping stone to improving your craft.

One of the chief issues I’ve observed immediately in the build as supplied by the picture is the oversimplicity of the dumpster; too long, too squarish (dumpsters usually have an arch or wedge shape around the top for convenience and for lid function) and the wheels too are squares.

I can’t pinpoint the rest of my feelings about this build, but yeah - to me it gives off the feeling as “good start, use it to improve”.

1 Like

The biggest problem with this build is the colors. You used three different shades of blue for the primary colors, all with different levels of saturation. Try some other color palettes and I think you’ll be happier with the result.

1 Like

Nicely made! If you’d add an interior, it would be better.

I disagree its not the colors but the build itself is way too lacking even if he changed colors his build will still look bad since there is not enough detail in the first place.

Right off the bat I like the cartoony look to in it. Mainly on the windows, it reminds me of old cartoons. I suggest some detail to the stands outside holding the fruits and plants. Maybe add some more to the back of the store and I think your all set for this build.

First of all great job on the build , I’ll give you some tips tho:
1.Try adding diffrent colors for me looks very blue I would switch between other colors to maked more realistic and beautiful.
2.i would recommend adding lights to change lighting and add more details to your shop.
But after all your builds look awesome, keep up the good work!
Hope this is helpful!

Good job seems great, I would recommend changing the color of the glass with a transparency of 0.3 and 0.2 and a reflection of 0.4 or 0.5 to lower the intensity of the blue color.

Well made! Quite nicely low-poly. Would love to see this in a game! :smiley:
Personally I think it might need some bricks sticking out from the sides,
and maybe add some reflection to the glass,
otherwise not bad at all! Solid 9/10 on my book!

Hey there! I appreciate you looking for further feedback & suggestions here on the Roblox Developer Forum. In addition to the great suggestions above, I’d say try going for a more realistic look since I feel it’d give a more vibrant look because we all want our players to vibe when in game. Have a go at using a variation of materials such as Brick etc too!

As @colbert2677 has already mentioned, this isn’t exactly low poly. Although, if you would like to get into more low-poly based building here are some wonderful resources to take a look at!

Good luck, welcome to the Developer Forum!

All the best,
Jack

I think you got the wrong tought of what low poly means.

But yeah you are a begginer builder like me and you will learn more about polies’ later.

Ok lets continue with the building feedback.
In my opinion The Grocery store is too tiny and too regangular
It would have been better if you gave it mroe shape. Like an L shape or more of a roof.

About the decoration.
The dumpster and the backside is pretty lacking of detail But you did a good job with the front. Maybe you should have given more of a transparent to the glasses.

Good begginer cartoonish building tho! Keep practicing.

I like it alot, you can use cylinders as brackets to make it look better, just my opinion

Could add more details on the outside and the walls. and i really like the color you choose. keep up the great work! :+1: