Feedback Needed on GFX Attempt

I specialize in building, but I’m trying to branch out into GFX design. I use Blender a lot for building, so I decided to start there. I was just experimenting with this, but it turned out better than I expected, so I’m looking for some feedback so I can improve. Really just looking for simple tips or feedback on this particular work:

6 Likes

I am not good at making GFX, but that looks sick. I know a software that can make images transparent if you want to do so.

1 Like

Which software? I currently use Paint.net, but if there’s a better option I’d be glad to hear it.

1 Like

It’s not the best, but I Lunapic’s transparent tool.

1 Like

It might interfere with the grey antlers though :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, I just checked it out and it had some problems with the lower part of the horns and the gray between the lines, but thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

No problem, I like how half of it is showing the tris transparent…ly?? (Is that a word lol)

1 Like

Use GIMP, set up a transparent background and paste the hat onto it.

( It’s free btw )

2 Likes

I’ll check it out, thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

With Maya, a program like Blender, you can render a scene and have the background be transparent. I feel like Blender might have something similar to that. Might wanna look at Googling how to render a scene with a transparent background in Blender; I’ve used Blender before but I’m more comfortable using Maya.

1 Like

If you made it in blender make sure that you are using cycles renders, and then click on film and click on transparent! I would say improve the quality and put better lighting. But for one of your first graphic designs (probably) this is a good attempt!

1 Like

You can make a render transparent from blender.

1 Like

If you want to make a background transparent in blender just go to shading and make it transparent. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Looks good!
I suggest learning the basics of “Three-Point Lighting” once you try out using full avatars. It can make your stuff stand out more, and you’ll be able to enchance the atmosphere of the GFX when you experiment with different settings, such as the light’s colors.

I mainly use paint .NET as well, but there are alternatives such as GIMP, so try and see which one is more convenient for you. If you chose the former, I suggest downloading a few plugins, such as dpy’s plugin pack.

1 Like

I don’t recommend using paint.net due to the lack of features, although its a great free program. You should try more advanced like the Adobe Photoshop (You can get a free trial for a bit).

Although, I do understand that sometimes you can’t pay and the free softwares are the best options.

1 Like