Feedback on a Drawing

Hello fellow developers! I recently finished this digital painting and was hoping to get some feedback on it.

The resolution is low on purpose

This took me 7 hours and 42 minutes, but I feel was definitely worth it.

I have a few things I’m hoping to get feedback on the most:

• Is the anatomy okay? At least somewhat accurate?
  • How’s the lighting?
  • Is it visually attractive or are there too many mistakes?

Thank you to everyone who responds!

7 Likes

Anatomy

Overall, you did a good job on the person other than the fact that the hair looks like it defies gravity a little bit and that her neck looks thin.

Lighting

Based on what I’m looking at, it looks like there’s only one light source coming from the top. Here’s a picture to show you what it should look like.

2 Likes

Ah thank you so much!

The thinner neck is a stylization choice and the hair was floating intentionally, but I can see what might be wrong with it.

I see what you mean, thank you for the reference. I’m still trying to figure out the lighting and whatnot.

Thank you so much for your reply! It really helps.

1 Like

Very pretty! I adore the lighting and the shading, along with the color choices. Overall nicely done!

Everything’s great besides the neck, the hair might be covering (forgive me if this is true) but I think the neck is a bit too thin. It looks like the head is fairly larger than the neck, meaning it looks like it could snap.

Another thing that might be just your style, but I have a few suggestions about hair in general. Instead of thick strands, I suggest hair strands with volume, maybe even a bit thinner.

Keep it up :happy2:

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see they look quite dull. I tried to add little strands coming off of the hair, but I’m not sure how visible they are with the low resolution (on purpose). I’ll experiment with your suggestion, though.

Thank you!