Feedback on a few buildings

I typically suck at scale and getting buildings or surroundings to proportion with the player, if anyone thinks they can help, check out this: https://www.roblox.com/games/3610908858/Town
and letting me know what’s good and if there’s anything “off”, meaning if roads are too big or pavements are too small or any detail like that.

I plan to make a lot more in this map to a similar detail and I’d like second opinions on the scale before I continue.

Pictures weren’t included as I don’t think they’re helpful to my specific request

The vehicles aren’t mine but are there for testing purposes

Enjoy

These buildings look good.

The roads are a bit small. The roads should be widened a little bit to be more realistic because roads are not usually this small even for roblox games. I just think make it fit exactly for these two vehicles may cause issues in the future when you add decor such as streetlights,signs etc.

For the outside buildings. I think you should mix some decor buildings with some of the real buildings. I think the size the decor buildings are at now is good because in real life buildings are different sizes.

Might want to consider unioning this because it is a bit glitchy. I am not sure if the screenshot shows it but it was noticeable for me.

Overall, keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing the final product.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you use an NPC from the toolbox when building? If not, I suggest spawning the ‘Noob’ NPC (no viruses, don’t worry) and dragging it to doorways, cars, etc. It helps give a realistic sense of how big your asset is.

I have Ludio here, and I’ve locked character proportions so you can’t be impossibly tall or wide. I still sometimes mess up because of how different scale looks in first person compared to third, but I’m working on it!

Trying to figure out a way to translate real world buildings into a correct scale within Roblox

Also trying to transition into Rthro because of how Roblox seems to be focusing on it and making improvements towards it too

1 Like

The builds are good, but I see many empty walls there. Try to add in more windows and perhabs street art?

Small Tip
Try to imagine the enviroment you are trying to create and imagine what it would have in real life.

Good luck!

To keep builds in proportion you should definitely use a noob npc so you can see how the character relates to the environment around it.

Another thing to do though is use the “Play Here” feature under the Test tab in the toolbar. It serves as a way to spawn your roblox character in the exact spot your camera is located. This allows you to quickly spawn yourself in the middle of a building, for example, to see if the roof is the right height. If you do that you can see how each build would look from the player’s perspective in a way that is really quick and easy.