Feedback on Character Render/GFX

Hi, I decided to create another render because it’s all just practice into potentially getting into another commission field :-p

Any feedback on this would be highly appreciated!
I did make everything in this render so woohoo
(Very aware of the few placement errors I made when doing this, I just couldn’t be bothered to render it again hence it takes so long and my laptop would rather explode than go through it again LOL!)

9 Likes

It is very wonderful but the background leads my interest down. The orange doesn’t fit it, maybe make a screenshot of a Roblox kindergarten game and put that in?

I like, looks good. Personally looks well worked on however on the precision of details, I think it’s recommended to add texture to the bed.

It’s very good but here are some of my thoughts.

• Use Displacement on the bed for a ripple effect like folds in the sheets.

• Clothing Folds for the character

• Add a wall and a seam in the wall to make it look like It’s a bedroom wall.

• Shading like in this video first find your light source then use something like paint.net to shade.

Hope this helped, feel free to use what you think will help you the most. If you need anymore help check out more forum posts, YouTube videos, google posts, and feel free to even ask me. Thanks so much for reading from John…

1 Like

I like the choices and the lighting fits a decent atmosphere. I think one of the bigger things I noticed was the perspective, I feel like there’s a lot of dead space in the orange area. Maybe move the camera closer to the bed and closer to the subject?