Feedback on "daredevil" animation

An animation I made with the help of @@megaoscar900

Likes and feedback are heavily appreciated :heart:

6 Likes

I think it’s really solid overall, but the body movements could be a little more brisk and I think it would work better if the microphone was closer to the mouth when they are singing.

2 Likes

LOVE the Persona music, I think the start, where the rig jumps down, could be worked on a little, perhaps by speeding it up a little, or using a different camera angle, as it looks a bit slow and un-synced. The part around 0:03 and 0:05 could use a little more polish, there’s a bit of clipping around 0:13 - 0:14.
This is more of a subjective opinion, but, considering you’re basing it off of Persona, I think you could put more exaggerated movements.

Otherwise, camera-work, animations, and everything is amazing. Lovely work, keep it up mate. Cheers.

@Crazedbrick1 hey, thanks for your feedback
about the body movements, I have tried to make them more energetic but it ended up being jittery for whatever reason.
I tried to keep the microphone as close to the head but conflicts happened (mostly aesthetic) that made me make the mic slightly away.

@XionKazdok I actually agree with the whole jump, in the older revisions the jump was supposed to be very quick but for whatever reason we made it slow (I may be wrong about this but the reason why it took a while for her to land is that in the original shots the camera gave an illusion of the character falling in mid-air until suddenly bouncing to the camera)

About 0:03-0:05, Agreed on that too, although I tried to make the character do more than this simple lazy nod but for some whatever reason the animation kept on breaking so we settled on this.

About 0:13-0:14, although I would’ve said something about the animation I believe that was an oversight or clipping with the accessories were happening to frequently we just didn’t want to go through the hassle of fixing every instance the shoulders clip out.

I would like to thank you about the good stuff you’ve said and I’m surely going to try and expand my horizons
and it couldn’t have been done amazingly if it’s without @megaoscar900 (ComixProd) he really helped out plenty in fleshing the animation out and get to be as good as it is.

2 Likes

Which animation handle are you using for the keyframes?

I believe it’s “automatically clamped”

Could you try it with “Automatic” once and tell me how it works out?

Also, have you added follow-through frames?

P.S - Could you give me the reference used for the animation?

I made everything automatic and I almost wet myself from laughing, but some motions were made much better like the arms moving around in the end.

and also, there was no reference I used my imagination to get the whole scenario but, here’s a very old animation before comixprod came in.

1 Like

Wait what? That’s insane. Props to you man.

As for Automatic, yes, it tends to exaggerate the actions quite a bit.

1 Like