Feedback on icon for hotel

Hey! I am making an icon for my hotel.
Please give feedback/ suggestions!
(Hotel icon from flaticon.com)

5 Likes

Looks good, maybe adding a dark outline to the text would make it better, and also maybe tone down the red slightly, seems a little too bright (or that might just be me).

1 Like

Looks very professional, I suggest doing something more to the text, like @Havz1no said in his post. Make some dark outlines or a shadow, nice work though.

-uD0ge.

2 Likes

“Deluxe” seems a bit off-centered. Maybe change that? Also, give the letters a dark red outline, will fit perfectly.

2 Likes

I added an outline and toned down the red.

2 Likes

Well, first of all it looks fairly good, though maybe add some more design in your icon, also add some reflective appearance on the blue windows of the icon to make it more interesting.

2 Likes

That definitely needs some work. I see that the texts looks like old fashioned ROBLOX and 3D but the building looks 2D and nothing like the text. I do not like the red background. Maybe add rays going out from the middle and a hotel key card in the middle with “Deluxe Hotel” Printed onto it. I truly hope to see this on the front page someday so keep up the good work and do not lose inspiration!

1 Like

I would add a more interesting background, not just plain red (patterns, inner glow, etc.) I would also add a shadow/outline to the hotel, to make it fit in with the text.
But other than that, I like it!

I added a bit of glow, shaded hotel. Tomorrow I am gonna add something around the base, with the text and icon with their shading on top of them.
New picture:
(Not too sure about the shading on the hotel though.)

I think that the shadows should be computer-generated, because it is really hard to draw them manually and can turn out rough, making the text look rough although it is not.

1 Like

I would love paint dot net to shadow my text for me, but this is my result with the effects that would suit this occasion:
-Using the relief effect-
They look a bit pixely in pdn but aren’t actually.
-Using edge detect-
-Using outline-

If you know anything free I can use for it please tell me!

A nice Photoshop-ripoff is Photopea. Search it up and you can do almost anything on it as you can in Photoshop. It can also generate nice shadows which you need.
Photopea

:eyes: Definitely gonna check that out thanks!

Hey @whatul00king_at! Your icon is great. In my opinion, you should change the font to a different color that isn’t white. When you switch the color, I recommend you to add a white outline. I see you know how to use a drop shadow. For the fonts, maybe add a drop shadow. May I ask, at the bottom of the GFX, why do I see a white line? For the background, I would go online and find a image and blur it a little bit.

• Dxiien

The white line is just where I screenshot it. Wasn’t sure about color for text so I made it a purple/ pink thing.

I don’t think the text looks so good the way I have done it: