Feedback on intro/loading screen

It’s not just the UI, it’s everything altogether for what takes place in the intro, the camera view, blur effect, and the camera tween when they click play, I want opinions on what can be changed. The intro is a bit lengthy but I will add a video so it can be seen without entering the game.

Either way it is not help with a script, in this case you could use #help-and-feedback:game-design-support

Thanks for that, my bad, changed the category for it. Also added a video as suggested.

In regards to the GUI design I’d suggest, consistency, so whatever the game logo may be, that should probably what shows up here. On top of that I’d suggest looking on twitter or on here for some talented designer which commissions within your budget for a more colorful, eye-catching and exciting logo.

I’d also suggest trying different tweening effects, having it move onto screen and bounce etc, perhaps have the camera move around, fairly sure you can find plugins for making short cutscenes which you can easily implement in this GUI for this.

Just some thoughts of mine, best of luck!

1 Like

I’m not quite sure you can call it a intro, it indicate that the game is indeed “Millionaire Simulator”, but nothing else seems to come in mind, you’re presenting nothing but a Play button, the least you could do is showing off slightly more the possible gameplay & objectives to become a millionaire.

Perhaps you could even extend it to make a very quick tutorial (if gameplay is unusual/specific) as it present to the user the place and features, It seems empty right now because you have a long scene where nothing is dynamic, and ended up just leaving a underwhelming welcome impression.

So would the camera would move around showing people different features/places of the map you can explore and go to in the background?

It’s a idea from many other possibilities, the main issue is really just the fact your “intro” doesn’t really introduce the player to anything, so yes, you could add several informations and cutscenes showing off your game potential, and eventually help/motivate the player off to a good start.

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it.

It’s not bad, I think I would prefer a fade out, fade in effect over tweening the camera to the player when they spawn.
If you do want to tween the camera to the player, I would consider slowing down the blur fade out and don’t pause in place for so long before updating the player. Perhaps consider making the transition of the camera to the player slightly faster.

1 Like

I would also consider maybe moving the camera around the map a bit. Show the player what they will be doing. Give the player a reason to stay through the intro.

1 Like

For the fade out, fade in effect, what would be fading in/out?

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll be sure to move the camera around whilst they’re on the intro screen.

1 Like

Good but little bit too long imo

Agreed (with previous post). I feel like there should be a small “loading” bar on the bottom of the text of “Millionaire Simulator” - or you could create an effect similar to this.

1 Like

A black frame where the transparency fades in to be completely black before the camera is placed back on the character and then fades out to be completely transparent.

1 Like

I think a “skip cutscene” button will work great for that because some people get bored quickly and just want to play.
It looks good overall!

1 Like

Thanks for this suggestion I’ll be adding this feature on to it!

Will add a loading bar, thanks.

1 Like

Loading screens are mostly pointless, and they take away from player experience. You might be proud of the cutscene, but almost nobody wants to watch it every time they join the game. I would probably just leave if it took too long.

Feels cool but its too long, you should change it to 10 seconds or something around that.