Feedback on Low Poly Build

Hi there, this is my first time creating a low poly build and I would like some feedback on it. The interior has not been completed, and this took me around 1 hour to make. I don’t usually create low poly builds, but I’ve decided to take a break from extensive builds and stuff like that. The white on the roof is meant to be snow, as well as the bottom. Thank you for reading this and any feedback would greatly appreciated. I was also going for a Christmas type of vibe. if you have any suggestions to make it more christmasy (I know that’s not a word), feel free to mention them. Edit: I didn’t do any of this in Blender because I don’t really know to use it :rofl:

Here are some pictures

7 Likes

Hi, it looks great! Although this is not low poly (Low Poly means low polygons, not smooth plastic), you did an amazing job! Especially for making it in studio. I think Compatibilty lighting would work best with this, since it has more of a cartoony style.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, I’ll definitely see what I can do with lighting. Ahh, my bad it’s a cartoony build not low poly.

1 Like

Hey! Its a nice build but I can instantly see several things that could be easily improved, I will quickly go over these :slight_smile:

Firstly, the colour scheme of the build is quite strange, I think a consistent theme with colours that match would look much nicer. Maybe try changing the white to something that matches the orange, red and yellow :slight_smile:

Secondly, The shape of the building is quite boring, maybe try going into blender and making a mesh that would work better as a shape for the building, this would make the build much more interesting in my opinion. The door could be improved in blender too with a bit of effort.

Thirdly, You seem to only use only brick type, low poly doesn’t limit you to just the standard part, ROBLOX has so many basic parts that you can build almost anything and make it look amazing without leaving studio, however if this doesn’t work for you, you could always make your own in a program like blender. its free and easy to use, just try looking at some YouTube tutorials. Try using wedges and cylinders and meshes, this would greatly improve the build.

Hope this helps, feel free to message me if you would like more feedback :innocent:

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, but the white on top for the roof was actually meant to be snow, as well as the bottom part. It was meant to be like a snowy Christmas town, I forgot to mention that. I’ll try to use blender, but once again I’m not that good at it. I’ll think I’ll need to change the white for the the actual house, excluding the roof. And of course I’m making variations of these houses.Thanks, once again :slightly_smiling_face: