Feedback on Low-Poly Rifle

Hello! I just recently made this low-poly rifle on blender. It is my first time making a low-poly weapon so I would like some feedback on it. That would be great!

10 Likes

It’s overall a nice model, but I have a couple nitpicks.

The main body of the gun has a couple parts that look a bit off. The first part I circled is normally pretty straight on the part that comes down. This isn’t a big deal, but it makes the top bit look flimsy and thin when it really isn’t. The part where the body connects to the barrel also looks weird — it looks like nothing’s there, but maybe that’s just the angle.

This one might just be me, but the mag also looks a bit too long. I’m not really sure about this, but it feels off.

5 Likes

I see what you mean by the top part looking flimsy, I had a rough time making that part. I will try to improve on that next time. Also, at the part where the body connects to the barrel, there is something there, I just put the camera at a bad angle. I can also see the mag being a bit too long. I appreciate your feedback though, it really helps. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello! This is actually a really nice model! And for a first time? Anyways I have some feedback for you:

Magazine

I understand that the weapons is supposed to be low poly. But:

yes me best drawer

Maybe putting 3 lines in the mag gives a nice detail! Look the this picture:

It has lines that are going into the mag, you could say. If you think about it on your low poly weapon, it’ll look nice, don’t you think? Just my opinion though. :smile:

Other than that, I really can’t find anything wrong with your gun, or any suggestions to give, great job!

2 Likes

Thanks! I will try my best to add some more detail to the mag. It would be a nice touch.

1 Like

I agree, they do look a bit weird. I will fix those parts. Thank you for your input!

2 Likes

Some of the parts of the rifle is overlapping or levitating out of place…

2 Likes

Can you please show me what you’re talking about?

1 Like

you should make a pistol cause this looks really good! u can probably become a 3d modeler