Feedback On Low-Poly Sci-Fi Gun

Hey devs! So today I was wondering “bro I should animate a gun” Then realized I needed to make one so I went into blender and started working. It is supposed to be sci-fi and was my first gun made in Blender.

• I want to make it look cool and original.
  • I do not know what to add to it.
  • I’ve tried adding a scope and it ended up looking really bad so I want to add something that isn’t functional but more for show. edit: updated image to better viewpoint as well as applied suggestions so far

Here is an image of it. Please reply with feedback. Also if you would like to buy it dm me via discord Shadowx#8407

2 Likes

Have you tried setting the shading to smooth and using the edge split modifier? It helps to make models look less like they’re made of polygons while still keeping edges sharp where they need to be. This is a good resource on what the modifier does and how to use it.

1 Like

When I made it smooth let’s just say It didn’t go well. Also I’m a low poly builder I don’t make things smooth shaded.

That’s exactly what the edge split modifier is for; the video goes more in-depth. Low poly doesn’t mean exclusively flat shading.

1 Like

Ok, I will watch it thanks for the help.

Oh my gosh ty so much lol it really makes it look way better smooth. I will use this so much xD

1 Like

great, i love it i can wait to see it in game

1 Like