Feedback on my 1 day Game

I made a small project in 1 day and I Would appreciate if some of you will give me feedback on what I should Improve

Game Link: My Game

Description: The game is one of those classic run up the ramp, dodge the rolling obstacles, and hide behind things for safety with a bit of Difficulty randomization and safety spot randomization. There is a “Rebirth” system which gives a small speed boost per Rebirth

The game may look barebones basic but I really didn’t have time to add detail for I had to focus on some bugs I came across during the day.

2 Likes

Im sorry for anyone who wanted to play but Couldn’t
I had the Game set to friends only. Its now set to public for anyone to Play

Hey, I decided to test out your game.

Positives

• Right off the bat, I like the simplistic design. I know you said it was ‘barebones’, but I think it looks fine- safe spots and dangers are distinct, and that’s what matters.

• I noticed that the difficulties give you different ‘win’ amounts. This is a cool incentive for players to try higher difficulties.

Negatives

• This might just be from how it works, but the map reset spawns a lot of balls at once, which could cause lag on weaker devices.

Bugs and Errors

• I can’t find any issues with the game itself. Good job!

Overall, pretty solid for a 1-day game.

2 Likes

Thank you for your honest feedback!

I do agree that I would need to limit the amount of balls spawned during a Reset.

I would have joined to give you Rebirth points so you could give your opinion on the strengths and weaknesses on the system if you want.

Found a glitch in your game
When I won the game I got 2 wins instead of 1, might want to try adding a debounce if your using .Touched?

That’s intentional. An easy win is 1, medium is 2, hard is 3.

2 Likes

You get rewarded more if you complete it on a harder difficulty.

Hey how long did you spend working on the game? It’s really nice I love it.

1 Like

Thank you!
I Might call it a day because I was a bit procrastinating, But I believe it took around 6 Hours in total to make.

I didn’t expect to enjoy the game as much as I did, I only played it for a couple minutes but the concept is pretty neat. Of course since you just made it in a day it has no replay value because of its repetitiveness but I like the concept.

1 Like

I’ve been a bit of a procrastinator over this project but I decided to work on a couple things over the weekend

Things I Added/Improved:

• Selection Menu: Since some people in game recommended it, I Worked on adding a Selection menu for trails for people with high rebirths to choose from

• Harder Difficulties: due to my current setup for how difficulties work I had to rework how some things work in order to make harder difficulties

• Rebirth System Rework: Its now easier to new people to catch up and stay in the game by Reducing the “Wins” needed to rebirth and making it so that it isn’t too Easy for experienced players to rebirth

• Thumbnails / Icons: I’ve worked on adding icons that I personally made to give the game a better look than just the default look. May look bad, but that’s because I didn’t have a good software to create them