Feedback on my first terrain build

Hello everyone! This is my first ever DevForum post, so I am still learning the features. Please ignore anything that I wrote wrong as this is my first time. Anyway, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my first ever realistic terrain build! I have never built terrain since I usually build buildings, and other. Feedback and criticism is also welcomed.

Note: I am still working on the game, but I just wanted some feedback

Image 1:

Image 2:

Thanks again for the feedback!

7 Likes

Nice job this looks very good! Try playing around with the terrain colours and detail in workspace > Terrain
I cant really say anything that is wrong with it except from try other materials and just find what you think looks nice.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I will test out other terrain colours and add some more details. Again thanks a lot!

1 Like

What’s gonna make your game look 10x even better, is changing the lighting mode to Future! (Roblox studio properties - Lighting - Future). It’s gonna make your game look so much more realistic and it will make everything come together. Great build nonetheless!

Thanks for the feedback! I chose the “ShadowMap” Technology because of the new lighting update but I didn’t test out the others. I will try it out with “Future” and see how it is. Thanks again for the feedback!

1 Like

Looks good! I love the detail, and the sunset makes it look much better!

Thanks so much! It made it to have a calm sunset theme.

I like it, but think about actual nature. It looks like you’ve made a small island, so I would recommend adding curvature and rocks, maybe a small mountain. I don’t think those trees would go on a island, so I would also recommend looking a references.

Thanks for the feedback. I will look up a reference and make some changes. Thanks for the feedback though!

Very beautiful! Especially since it is your first time. It looks delightful and scenic. Very well done for your first terrain build! : D

Thanks so much! It means a lot to me.

I actually wouldn’t recommend future, since this build is entirely terrain. If you have added point, spot, or surface lights, then you should use future, but since this is all terrain, i would use voxel or compatibility. This post explains it well.

Personally, I like to use voxel, as it blends really well with the ambience property under lighting.

Anyways, @ItzMeEmpty, great terrain, it looks amazing. The way you were able to blend the different materials really appeals to me.

Thanks a lot. I will test voxel as well as compatibility and see how it is. I will update you guys when I make these changes.