Feedback on my Game Icon

Hello, I’m a roblox programmer and I’ve recently started on making GFX because I don’t have any money to pay Professional Artists…

This is my first ever GFX as a roblox user, and I would really Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks in advance!

9 Likes

It looks good. I would hire you but I feel like I don’t see anything about the game.

1 Like

For your 1st GFX, it’s good! If you keep practicing with GFX, you can be able to make commissions and pay for your Professional Artist. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m currently developing the game alone so it will take me 1-2 Months to Completely Finish, and when I do, I will let you know!

Thank you, I really appreciate that, I’ll surely keep on making GFX, Ty <3

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: Always here to help!

1 Like

It looks excellent! I don’t really have any criticism, but if I really have to nitpick I have three things you could improve on:

1. The character’s lighting
    Don’t get me wrong, I think you’ve done a remarkable job lighting your GFX, but I feel like a soft, white or blue-ish light in front of the character to lighten up the contrast and reinforce the geometry by adding some self shadow would make the contrast with the background a little less harsh on the eyes.

2. The font spacing
    The words “button” and “simulator” have uneven letter spacing, which in small amounts actually helps out the balance in the image. However, I personally find that button is too tightly spaced while simulator is too spread out. If you can double the letter distance for button and maybe half it for simulator, then the text as a whole would look more uniform while still keeping balance with the curve.

3. The word button is casting a shadow on the word simulator
    This is an easy fix; just move the simulator text layer on top of the button text layer. Honestly I only noticed this after writing my first two points so it’s really not a big deal :smiley:

As I said, I’m nitpicking at this point, and there is really nothing wrong with your GFX. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I know that you might be nitpicking, but it gave me a smile. I was just looking through some professional Gfx speed arts and I’am happy someone actually helped me improve! :smiley:

2 Likes

The game icon doesn’t give any type of notice on what game it is it just looks more like the character is standing in one area running - walking from my point of view of the render, representing someone hitting a button with no objects in front of the character?

The icon is alright i just needs those details to resemblance a character hitting some sort of button. But the lighting seems poor you should include more characters in the background (trying to or wanting to hit the button) just to give players, a good view on what the game is about if i where to see this featured in a game it won’t give a clear view on what the game is.

Adding colors or a cartoony font may be a good idea, but if you’re making the character not hitting no button try at least placing a background with objects, perhaps it would have been better to put additional colors to your graphic design icon, right now it doesn’t look to attractive nor interesting.

Since this is your first i hope you keep improving and you’ll become a professional graphic designer in no time.

2 Likes

This looks pretty solid, although I would recommend fixing 2 things. First of all, the camera viewpoint just seems rather weird, I would recommend making an angle from which the camera is a bit below eye-level. Second of all, you should remove the glossy/metallic effect from the arm, in my opinion, it doesn’t make that much sense because the clothing is clearly not made of metal.

1 Like

Thank you really much! I will try my best to improve, @jordonh23 @L0n3lysAlt

Okay this is Good but maybe add like blue and purple lighting on the character and and some blue shading on the text

1 Like

You can change the Color Lighting in Blender

1 Like

This is old now i make gfx really differently :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Looks nice but you might want to make the character bigger to stand out more!

1 Like

Really good! The only thing I would change is the brightness since it doesn’t really fit in with the background. But still! Really amazing. :slight_smile: Maybe you could add a purple, any colour glow. It would add more life into your icon. I really like gfx. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like