Feedback on my Low Poly Cafe

Hi! This is my fifth Low Poly build and I am very happy about how it turned out (not the greatest but i’m getting better). I would accept any feedback you have. Also at some point in the future I would like to start selling my builds. So can i please have some suggestions on how much would you pay for this one? (if you were to buy it)

6 Likes

I wouldn’t pay anything for the creation in its current state, for a few reasons.

For starters, the building itself looks plain with no real attention given to it to make unique or noticeable to players. It looks like a background building. You can fix this by giving it a more grand, modern look, giving it multiple balconies, and multiple floors. The sign on the building also doesn’t work with the building itself. Orange on grey doesn’t work too well. For the font, I recommend you install Three D Text so you can get a large amount of font options.

For the parking lot, it looks plain and too mirrored. I like your attempt on the trees, however, in their current state, they don’t seem natural and look copied and pasted into there, with no variation between the trees themselves. The grass beneath the trees and the lightposts also look too similar, giving it an unnatural look.

However, I do like your attempt at incorporating a parking lot into a cafe, which is an original idea and isn’t done often. With a little bit of work, you can put it into tip-top shape!

8 Likes

Looks nice, maybe you should add some detail to the windows and door though. Also the trees aren’t consistent in the parking lot. (The tall trees are smooth and the smaller trees are flat) Other than that the build looks pretty good!

1 Like

Your fifth “Low Poly Build” i think you have done a great job, on your build i like all the different details you added to your cafe and. The map itself however there is a couple of things, i’ll fix and add to your cafe to bring it out more! as by looking at it it doesn’t seem to have. That much details to it overall you have done a great job, on it i’ll implement different style, of trees to your map instead. Of copying & pasting them all by the parking lots!!

Cafe
Your cafe looks amazing however there seems, to be no other details in the front of the building. I would add some chairs, tables, umbrellas, trash can, etc. To your cafe to bring it out more and the color you used i would change! the black color that’s implemented on your. Building to a brown color you could play with other colors, that fits on your building i would, recommend you do that and the material you! added to the roof you could make that a. Smooth material as well add a grey color to it instead of using, the material you have onto the roof and you. Could add a 'Coffee Cup" on top of the roof if you plan on doing, that as well you could add some color/material to the door as by looking at it it! looks like you placed another window onto your cafe. I would improve that a bit more so it could look more better!!

Windows/Sign
The window frames you have onto your building they seem to be, the same color you have onto the cafe. I would change the frames to a black color and add dividers! onto the windows just to give it some details as well the window, box you added underneath the windows there seems to be no colors on them. I would recommend you implement some colors, and add some dirt in the pots so the plants! Could look like there in something and the. Color on the sign you could remove the orange, color and add a different kind of color, onto it so it could look more decent and if. You want i’ll add some material to the sign stand! so it won’t like the color as the building just play. Around with different colors and materials.

Reference

cartoon-low-poly-coffee-house-cafe-building-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-fbx

Details
Your cafe needs some details to the outside. Area so people can feel welcome, i would also add different styles of trees instead, of having the same ones and you could! Add some potted plants, bushes, benches, ect. In the front of the cafe as well on the side here. Is a couple of things i’ll add to the outdoor just to, give it some decorations to it. However you have done a amazing job on your cafe i would just work. On your color scheme a bit more so it could look more better and improved a lot more!!

Decorations

• Tables & Chairs
  • Lights
  • Awning
  • Waste Container
  • Umbrellas
  • Potted Plants
  • Bike Rack

Overall, you have done amazing job on your cafe so far these. Are just some details your cafe needs. In the front of the building and the side part! However can’t wait to see more of. Your work very soon and the different, details you add to your cafe. Otherwise great job!

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure cafes that small don’t come with parking lots that big.

Smooth plastic?
I think it should be a little bigger or at least change it’s shape, it doesn’t really look like a cafe.
Here’s an idea. You could also add those chairs and signs.

(It looks like a great building for your 5th attempt, good job and keep trying!)

This is a similar reply to @z4ayn’s.

I absolutely agree with @z4ayn your low poly cafe is small and I’m positive cafe’s that small doesn’t include an enormous parking lot for it. I suggest creating parking on the side of the road, an example below. You could even perhaps incorporate the parking meter too.

Here is a breakdown of just my thoughts:

• High quality shrub decals infrpnt of a low poly building? Big Nono. It clashes with the whole build.

• Do you plan to make this accessible? Low-Poly builds tend to be there for decoration, unless you are gonna have it so when you touch the door it teleports you to a some-what cafe-like building, located under your map. Not ideal.

• The trees seem like they have got too much of a pattern, trees tend to be scattered and messy.

That is about all, oh and try making the building touch the pavement. I see this in a lot of builds now and it ruins the point of a pavement

I like it. However I must say there is some missing detail. I would also take the texture off of the roof because no textures typically look better with low poly builds. If you put more detail into it and made the geometry a little more complex, I think this would he something to be interested in.

One good idea I rarely see executed properly, not that I actually play many games of this nature, is an “open” design if you would call it that. It would exponentially increase the quality of the build if you could see inside of the café, even if you couldn’t enter it. Adding something like a “closed” sign on the front door, detailing only where you can see so it doesn’t have to be as detailed as one that was interactive, and other such tricks are ideal when doing this. It adds a sense of realism in my opinion that doesn’t contrast with the style you’re going for, which can add a lot to any build.