Feedback on my Plane & Render

I feel like I’m beginning to get better at rendering, but I just wanted a little feedback on anything I could improve on.

Thank you!

12 Likes

I believe from my view it looks perfect the way it is! :slight_smile:

Keep it up!

3 Likes

Very unique. I like it a lot. But the grass is under detailed compared to the plane and ground. Maybe add some color variation and some cartoony 3D grass.

3 Likes

Aesthetics

In my opinion, the render is wonderful! It even looks like it was drawn by hand. But there is one thing that I could recommend trying to improve on, and that is the terrain, maybe perhaps you could add some nature models such as trees and grass and many more to pick from!

Overall, I think that this is a very wonderful render.

2 Likes

The planes could have 2 wheels instead of 4, except if it’s intended. Lighting looks great though, keep it up!

1 Like

I would look into adding a bit more depth to the ground like @Sentross said and some more variation in the cloud models. Also the sky is really bright, I’d suggest toning that down a little and maybe use a gradient instead of a solid colour for more depth?

I would say make the plane seem more rigid as right now it looks like a sausage. The ground could use some work. A tricycle configuration for the wheels would improve the model also. Make the wheels larger, and for the front wheels using a triangular wheel support instead of one stick would make it look better. Also you should add a windshield, and make the vertical stabilizer less thick. Bring the horizontal stabilizers up. Finally add some motion blur to the propellers.

Hello, looka great for a low poly rendwr. I am not sure you want this, but maybe some shadows will help or a small scene at the ground area on your render. Furtheremore, you can use thing such as ambient inclusion etc.

1 Like

Maybe add more light? It seems too dark…

It’s actually suppose to be a low poly build! So it’s suppose to look the certain way it does. (Very simplistic) If I wanted it to be high/med poly of course I would’ve added more detail and other things as such to make it look more appealing & proportionate, but that’s not what I was going for at all! :- ) the image is also still, so adding “motion blur” would kinda seem silly and out of place, since you know, the image is still.

1 Like

It’s a more evening shot, the lighting isn’t suppose to be as bright :- )

I get that, but things such as ground details etc, can still be low poly. It just helps to make your scene not as plain and boring. This is not meant to be an insult an anyway just criticism.

Oh no, of course! I get the ground detail is something I really skipped out on because of my laziness (hence I decided to finish this at 2 AM LOL!)

What 6D was implying was that I add a lot of extra detail the plane itself on his own liking and preference rather than the actual ground (which is very plain)

Ah ok. I agree with him and somewhat disagree there are always subtle things you can do and small details you can add without increasing the poly to high, but at the end of the day it is you’r choice if you are satisfied with the plain how it is(which i persoanlly like) I say run with it.

1 Like

You’re getting better with every render, nice job and I love your work!

1 Like

It looks really good! I do feel though as if Cessna planes don’t have a small wheel at the back. Apart from that It’s great! Maybe also add a runway? :heart:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Add a city in the background with a sun behind that city. After you’re done you should make a road coming from the city in the direction of where the plains are going with a few hills that way the bottom wouldn’t be as flat as it is now. Also add shadows in your render it makes it feel more real adjusting the lighting can make your scene great in the end.

Just because something is low poly don’t mean it should be simple low poly can be advanced with better, new techniques and ideas.

Hi! If you want to give feedback/suggestions, please do so properly. This is just telling me what to do/add to my project/creation and that’s not helpful at all :- )!

What…? I gave you feed back i’m telling you what should be improved and ideas that could be useful as a suggestion not from one of my creations, but i guess you aren’t sure what that means… good day!