[Feedback] On my showcase "Eastern District"

Hi!
I made a mini-showcase inspired by “Neon Market.”
I am usually satisfied with my builds, but this one I don’t feel like I’ve made enough - it could be too small.
The meshes aren’t mine.

12 Likes

I’ve moved this to Cool Creations since that’s the category to put threads seeking general feedback.

I feel like the lighting is a bit unnatural and makes it quite hard to spot details, as they kind of blend into each other, you could consider tweaking it a little bit, possibly by making the neons brighter and making their colors sharper. I feel like it needs more contrast.

1 Like

Really cool showcase, however the skybox kinda ruins it it would be cool if there was even a low detailed city in the distance of the water instead of a skybox.

1 Like

I agree there are issues with the lighting. It looks to me like you used Color Correction’s Tint property - I highly recommend never using that. So to solve your lighting issue, do away with the color tint, and if you want it dark you can accomplish that using the Ambient settings. I recommend having “Moonlight”, accomplish this by having time of day be in daytime, but use a night skybox, have celestial bodies enabled to see the sun but size is small (in skybox properties) to look like the moon, then include sunrays.

Color correction is good for contrast and saturation, its features outside of that are not very beneficial.

1 Like

To add on to that, because I only critiqued, the concept of the map itself and use of neon has a lot of potential! Just fix that color tint issue and it’ll be very awesome.

1 Like

That’s fantastic. Maybe work on the background it doesn’t match well.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I’ll be sure to make some corrections :smile:

1 Like

The Pictures shown are a bit blurry but might be me or the lighting but looking at what I see, each detail between the buildings, to the signs looks amazing with each color theme, and still fit the theme of the area.

And going off what you said, “I am usually satisfied with my builds, but this one I don’t feel like I’ve made enough - it could be too small.”

I personally think you did absolutely amazing, and if you’re adding more, I can’t wait to see it!

1 Like